On Balance, it was a good week

Last week was, shall we say, a challenging one. Many things happened that were less than desirable, to say the least.

First, I had a kidney biopsy. While I’m not in immediate danger, my kidneys are shutting down. There will be lots of lifestyle changes and eventual dialysis or kidney replacement.

The kidney problems have led to out-of-control blood pressure. Getting that under control has been a roller coaster of trying to get meds right.It’s been an experience.

I’ve pinched a nerve in my neck, making sleep rough and causing me to lose strength in my arms.

To top things off, my mother passed away after a long illness.

I guess you could say I had a bad week. I don’t agree!

I have a loving and very supportive wife of nearly 45 years.

I have my two sons and their wives, also loving and supportive.

I have my two granddaughters… one of life’s greatest blessings!

I have a loving and caring pastor and church family who are praying for me and being very supportive.

I am covered in prayer by dear friends from all corners of the world.

I work for a company and a group of people who could not be more supportive.

I’m rebuilding a relationship with a sister after years of distance.

And most important…

I have Jesus.

All things considered, on balance I had a good week in which some bad things happened.

Shalom, Art
Alive in The Word

Thank you Pastor Michael for your messages on Balance in our lives.

Creative Commons: Public Domain

About aliveintheword

Missouri, USA Married to Marty, 45 years 2 sons (with 2 daughers-in-law) and 2 granddaughters Life dedicated to serving Jesus Christ and delivering the Good News
This entry was posted in PRAISE THE LORD TESTIMONIES and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to On Balance, it was a good week

Art, praise be to God for your righteous perspective on the tangible versus the intangible. I know this will help me in supporting my neighbor who has much of your medical profile.

2. Joyce de vivre says:

Even in that kind of situation, you’re an inspiration and a source of encouragement. Thank you for sharing to us the comfort God gives you. With your faith in Him, mountains are not impossible to move. May God richly dwell continuously in you and your family!

3. mtsweat says:

Art, thanks for your wonderful words of encouragement and inspiration. Through much trials, your position is perfect… in Christ. TC and I will be keeping you lifted before our Lord. God bless, good friend.

4. Art, you have a great attitude and excellent perspective! I am sorry for the loss of your mother. I hope she has gone home to be with the Lord. I pray the Lord will heal your body and that you have time to rest and spend time in the presence of God. Thank you for the update on your life. May the Lord be your strength and your refuge during this time.

5. Pat Momary says:

Sorry to hear this news, Art. Here’s hoping the Lord will come with our new bodies before these fall totally to pieces ;) I will begin praying for your tests more specifically now, and trust our Healer will get great glory from your experience, whatever He ordains…Blessings, Pat Momary

Now that is an attitude we can all aspire to! Praise God for His work in your life.
    Prayers for your journey.

7. ptl2010 says:

Art, Praise be to God who gives you the victory over all, in Jesus Christ.
    Accept His healing and comfort. Nothing is impossible to Him.

8. isaiah43123 says:

Perspective and balance seem to be the words here. Trying to look through God’s eyes will keep us focused.
    Keep the Faith!