granbee:

Dear brothers and sisters and all inquirers: I cannot resist sharing with you this most wonderfully inspiring and wise post today from Mirth and Motivation. Gardening in God’s fields is trully productive of much bounty when these guidelines are followed. Please join this ol’ Mississippi farm girl and Christian since the age of five in soaking up this inspiration today! The verses by the unknown author about peas and squash and lettuce and turnips and thyme are well worth memorizing, folks! Bless you all very much. I will be sharing in a few days a most successful questionnaire prepared by a pastoral friend of mine here in NW Alabama! This questionnaire has brough 16 prisoners in Alabama in various locations to a saving knowledge of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Hallelujah! I will add my own comments telling about how conversations with this pastoral friend strengthen and encourge me in my own Christian journey.

May your gardens grow over the rooftops!

Originally posted on Mirth and Motivation:

“Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace.” May Sarton

Gardening: An Instrument of Grace...

Gardening: An Instrument of Grace...

Gardening God‘s Way by: Author Unknown
Plant three rows of peas:
Peace of mind
Peace of heart
Peace of soul

Plant four rows of squash:
Squash gossip
Squash indifference
Squash grumbling
Squash selfishness… Contd

The weather has been quite warm of late… and naturally, many of us have turned our eyes and minds on our gardens. My crocuses are blooming their purple hearts out. Our Vinca, Snowdrops and Lenten Rose have bloomed since January and are not showing signs of exhaustion or boredom yet… So, I look at the garden and see the grace in these life forms; resilient, graceful, colorful, and stronger than their delicate foliage would suggest. I found the poem I…

View original 714 more words

About these ads

About granbee

writer,grandmother,gardener, dog trainer, dreampainter, hiker, sometimes pianist
This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to

1. Pingback: GROWING IN GRACE « Kevin Nunez

2. eof737 says:

Thank you for re-blogging my post. I deeply appreciate. it. Have a blessed weekend. :-)

• granbee says:

Thank you so much for taking time to say “thank you” for the reblog! It was so perfectly beautiful and in the center of what I was contemplating posting on Christian Blessings, that I simple felt I MUST reblog it! Everyone seems to be enjoying it! So very inspired this post of your is!

3. 4hispraise says:

While the harvest may be great in itself… The preparation has it’s joys as well. These past few days the hoeing, augmentation and making ready has been our task. First because God makes it so in the introduction of sun into our rainy climate. Our peas with their little tails developed in the window sill we carefully placed today. Tomorrow He will provide a shower…..Everything in it’s own time. Ah. the predictability of it all.. Grace is that way is it not?

• granbee says:

Exactly, dear 4hispriase! God’s “grace garden” brings forth fruit and veggies and blossoms amonst us in the world in “it’s own time.”, each and every part of the harvest. HIS grace; HIS time! Hallelujah!

Great post granbee, looking forward to the next one!
    Love flowers…they just don’t last long enough up here. Better a while then not at all. :)

• granbee says:

writinggomer, so pleased you enjoyed this “gardening” post. God’s “grace garden” has infinity varieties of blooms! You are just a valued Christian brother! What WOULD I do without your encouragement? Praise Be to God for our worldwide Christian family!

Dear ptl2010, thank you so much for all the beauty in your words sharing about your area flowers and shrubs! These night scents DO remind us of our Creator, so very gently, yet powerfully, all at the same time. Praise Be to God!

6. ptl2010 says:

Granbee, looking forward to your next instalment.
    We have many orchids and topical flowers in Singapore but they are not as seasonal and varied as those in the temperate countries. The bougainevillas in their many hues, the flame of the forest. the rose of India trees all imported, in their glory are what I like best when they do flower in the different hot or wet seasons. And I love the recognisable scent of the orange blossoms outside my window, when I awake just after the rain at night. They remind me of their Creator always.

• granbee says: