“I was in prison; and you visited me.”
I am introducing, as promised, Pastor Larry Wates, of an independent church here in Northwest Alabama. He and many of his family members are very treasured friends of mine here. The other day, when we were “catching up” on all our latest challenges and how we are meeting those, Brother Larry shared with me the following:
Below is the Individual Survey that I use to send to prisons…. If the person will followed the questions down, answer them with and honest heart, pray the sinner’s prayer, with heartfelt sincerity… they will be able to lead themselves to Jesus Christ with this form… Certainly you have my permission to modify it;
Thanks.. Dr. Larry
Individual Survey and Poll
Please take a few short minutes to complete this survey and return it to the person who issued it to you.
1. Has anyone ever told you that God loves you and that He has a great plan for your life? o YES o NO
2. If today were your last day here on earth and you should die this very second, do you know for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you would go to Heaven? o YES o NO
3. If you answered, “YES” to question #2, that because you are a good person and /or because you attend church regularly? o YES o NO
4. Have you ever heard that the Holy Bible reads, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” And “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” And “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved?” o YES o NO
5. Did you know that you are a “Whosoever”? o YES o NO
Here’s a quick prayer for you: “Lord, bless each person who reads this with a long and healthy life. Jesus, do a quick work in their heart and make yourself so real to them. If they have never called upon your name, I pray that they will do so right now.
If you would like to receive the gift that God has for you today, say the following prayer with your heart and your lips out loud. “Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sin. Set me free. Jesus, thank You that You died for me. I believe that God raised You from the dead. Fill me with the Holy Spirit, the peace of God, and the joy of the Lord. Give me a passion to reach the lost, a hunger for the things of God, and a holy boldness to preach(witness to others) the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I’m saved; I’m born again. I’m forgiven and I’m on my way to Heaven, because I have Jesus in my heart. Thank You Jesus!”
When you asked Jesus to come into your heart and to forgive you, you asked in faith and he heard you and He did forgive you. All your sins and past is now forgiven. Always remember to run to God and NOT from God because He loves you and has a great plan for your life. That’s VERY, VERY good news.
6. Did you say the above prayer? o YES o NO
Thank you for completing this Survey
The Church of THE SHEPHERD’S FIELD, Inc. PO Box 1649, Winfield, AL 35594 205-495-0474
If you prayed this prayer and filled out this survey your sins are now forgiven and you are a child of God.. We would love to have you come and be a part of our loving church family….. We will continue to keep you on our prayer list.Senior Pastor, Dr. LarryJoe Wates and Shepherd’s Field Church family
NOTE: Pastor Larry shared with me that by using this questionnaire, he has been an instrument of bringing sixteen (16) prisoners to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ in the past six (6) months–and this marvelous work is ongoing as I write this. ! Praise His Holy Name forever and ever!