Paul wrote to Timothy “No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.” 2 Timothy 2:4
All of us have the capacity to be consumed by people and things down here on earth. However, these things which make up life here on earth are temporary. How often do we forget that this life we live is but a vapor and then it’s gone?
Imagine an American soldier in Afghanistan comes face to face with an armed enemy.
Instead of CHOOSING TO LIVE – by turning his attention immediately, on his personal safety and defence,
IN HIS HEAD he is distracted and mesmerized by his wife, children, home, all the trappings of America back home,
What do you think is his future ? DEATH for being distracted.
Do you see? Faith Child, we are in a battle against the devil. If we do not choose to be armed and fight him, we will be killed by him who goes around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.
Matthew 6:21; For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.This scripture tells us much about ourselves. Where is your treasure? What or who means more than all else to you?
- What are the things on this earth that you just cannot seem to live without?
- Are you only concerned and taken aback by this world and the things in it or are you more interested in the things of God and the world to come -that one which is eternal and shall never pass away?
This world offers us good things, and it is not a sin to partake of them. The sin is in allowing this world and the things in it to become our God! In allowing them to become more to us than what they should be is what we all struggle with. When we cross that line, we are committing idol worship and we find we are worshipping the creation more than we worship the Creator. If you have allowed this to happen in your life, please know that it is not too late as long as you have breath!
- Know that the past is done, you cannot undo it.
- Now that you have understanding of the matter, stop allowing the things God has created for you, to be more to you than he is!
- Put the things of this world in their proper place and keep them there.
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full into His wonderful face
And the things of earth
Will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.
PUT ON THE ARMOR OF GOD
CHOOSE LIFE OR DEATH!