Free from the Stronghold of Contempt
Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
Daniel 11:21 In his place shall arise a contemptible person to whom royal majesty has not been given. He shall come in without warning and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
Are we coming to the end of the end times where vileness is acceptable and things of God are rejected and scorned? Today it would be very easy for the abomination of desolation to take over if it weren’t for God’s elect taking a stand. But has evil begun to triumph? Is the abomination of desolation already happening?
Matthew 24:16 when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place ( let the reader understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
When we begin to have contempt for things that are of God and circumstances coddle, flatter, and protect things that God detests (homosexual marriages, false religion, abortion, and so forth), we can be certain we are at the end of the end.
When the world’s way of doing things succeeds, whether as a result of political correctness or in greed for gain, we can be sure that a leader will arise who will flatter, tell us the things he thinks we will readily accept, and lead us into a path away from God and into a stronghold of contempt.
This will cause divisions and separation from God. If you think you can’t be separated from God, ask yourself, “When I reject God’s Word, am I in Christ Jesus?” Look again at the scriptures and see what it takes to be in Christ (John 1:1) (John 1:14).
1. Make sure you know what God’s will is in any situation. Following your feelings, worldly teachings, or anything except God’s will (as recorded in the Bible and acknowledged by God incarnate–Jesus Christ) can lead you into a stronghold of contempt apart from God.
Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will perish and pass away, but My words will not perish or pass away.
Mark 8:38 For whoever is ashamed [here and now] of Me and My words in this adulterous (unfaithful) and [preeminently] sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when He comes in the glory (splendor and majesty) of His Father with the holy angels.
2. Follow God’s will in any matter. It is life to be in contempt of worldly teaching and thinking if it goes against the word of God. It is death to be in contempt of God.
Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,
Romans 6:13 Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. Be self aware. As God’s Word remains in us, so He remains with us. Check yourself for any strongholds that may separate you from God and cause you to have contempt for things and people of God instead of for the world apart from God.
Romans 8:39 Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
John 12:34 At this the people answered Him, We have learned from the Law that the Christ is to remain forever; how then can You say, The Son of Man must be lifted up [on the cross]? Who is this Son of Man?
4. Be wary of self righteousness. The things the world loves are contemptible to God and vice versa.
Luke 18:9-15 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. READ MORE
5. Be careful not to backslide once you have received Christ. We should continuously be growing closer to God. There is no excuse for falling away, particularly after you’ve known the truth. See Chronic Backsliding.
Hebrews 6:4-6 Some people once had God’s light. They experienced the heavenly gift and shared in the Holy Spirit. 5They experienced the goodness of God’s word and the powers of the world to come. 6Yet, they have deserted Christ. They are crucifying the Son of God again and publicly disgracing him. Therefore, they cannot be led a second time to God.