The Community of believers is a very important part of our daily lives. That is why the Church exists today – so that we as children of God can help, pray and support each other to stand and be His witness.
If you are living isolated, then you are not getting the much needed support of your brothers and sisters in Christ and be careful, for the devil is prowling to catch the separated one. He loves the one who has no reinforcement, who paralyzed with fear will just lay down and let him have a meal without a fight.
Jesus Christ unites the family of God. The Holy Spirit brings Christ into us, reveals to us the truth in the Scriptures and the falsehoods in the world around us, and gives us gifts to build each other up and help others find God’s grace,mercy, and good news.
We are to look out for each others’ best interest ( Philippians 2:4): not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
I have copied each member’s responsibilities as summarized in
Our task, given specifically by Jesus, is to “love one another“, which we do when we
- build each other up ( 1 Thessalonians 5:11; Hebrews 3:13);
- look out for each others’ best interest ( Philippians 2:4);
- bear one another’s burdens ( Galatians 6:2);
- are kind to each other ( 1 Peter 4:9) (this is often linked to the traditional Jewish virtue of hospitality);
- honor and respect one another ( Romans 12:10);
- serve each other ( Galatians 5:13);
- admonish each other ( Colossians 3:16; Romans 15:14);
- confess your sins to each other ( James 5:16);
- forgive each other ( Ephesians 4:32);
- think of one another ( Hebrews 10:24);
- do not judge each other ( Romans 15:13);
- accept each other ( Romans 14:1, 15:7);
- do not stand in each other’s way ( Romans 15:13);
- regard each other as more important than oneself (Philippians 2:3).
- Just think – if every one in your Christian community behaves like you, what type of a community will you be living in? What do you do best? What do you not do? Is there something you can do better to add to the
community and fellowship in Christ?
Ask the Lord to empower and help you do your part as you expect others to do their part.
Luke 6:31- Do to others as you would have them do to you.
If you are not yet a part of God’s great family, I invite you to join us. The door to this family is Christ Jesus our Lord. Let us know that you want to be a part of this great family. If you are already a part of this great family and have not invited friends to join up do so, for the more the merrier, for when we are of one heart and united we are stronger to fight the enemy. Praise the Lord.
My father often says :There is nothing like the family that prays together, plays together and loves together. We can live, love and lift each other up to the glory of God and combined we can lift the Lord Jesus and He will draw all men to Himself. Let us be in this adventure of life with God and in the family.
God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. (NLT)
So now you Gentiles are no longer strangers and foreigners. You are citizens along with all of God’s holy people. You are members of God’s family. (NLT)