July 4, 2010 was when I was introduced to WordPress when the seed for starting a blog was sown. July 4, 2011 I was looking forward to the cruise to Alaska with Max Lucado and Don Moen and this year July 4, I am taking a reincheck of The America I know.
To me, America is happily represented by it’s icons, God’s beautiful creation in nature, history and people I have come to know from afar and as I travelled from East to West and from South to North of the Great country over many years, missionaries and pastors who taught me the Word of God and showed love to foreigners in strange countries, colleagues I worked with for many years, and those the Lord has drawn miraculously together in ministry at ChristianBlessings.
This happiness, however has been marred by such sickening stories in newsprint, cyber space media, and stories of blatant defiance and tauntings against the God I love , His Word, principles and values and His children in America. Many say this unthankful, ungodly and anti-God behaviour will bring the judgment of God on America. God have mercy on those who are His enemies, that nothwithstanding, their eyes will be opened and they be drawn to the love of God.
What are the symbols of America I hear about ?
The National Anthem – The Star Spangled Banner
God bless America
America the beautiful
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
A soldier’s song
A glimpse of the future – Star-Spangled Banner
God Bless the USA
These are the Americans I have known and love in Christ, have come to know and hope to know ..givers , senders of the Gospel of peace..following after their Heavenly Father, proud of their Father and thankful for His grace and mercy in their lives……
– the late Rev Lula Baird, my spiritual mentor, an American who gave her life as a missionary and pioneer church planter, among the Chinese people in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cuba and USA and left a rich heritage among her spiritual children. The Lord must have been so proud of her when He took her home when she was just one week past 100 years old a few years ago.
– Pastors McGrew, McComber, Nolan, Seaward, Busby, Cavaness, Baker, Moore, and others I may have forgotten, AOG pastors whose lives God touched and who in turn touched our lives in Singapore .
– the many evangelists among them Rev Dr Billy Graham, several other evangelists like Hal Herman, Valdaz, who held city wide healing campaigns in the 1960s to bless the sick and sinful peoples in Singapore and from surrounding Indonesian and Malaysian islands, para church pioneers to Singapore, Joe Weatherly from Youth for Christ, Don Hardy from the Navigators , one called Gates who started the Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship in Singapore, and many missionaries and Bible teachers from all denominations
– many American colleagues , many who love the Lord and are good examples of Him, from all organizational levels of the number one company I worked for
– and for today, I honor our American family and friends (among other international members) from ChristianBlessings – Uncle Milt, Aunt Audrey, Patsy, Pastor Rick and Paula, Art and Marty, Ron and Juli, Debra and her husband,, Christina and Mark , Anthony and Diana, MT and TC, Drusilla, Greg and Laurie, Granbee and her husband, Steven, Pastor Rob and Eva, Pola Muzyka and those whom I have just got in touch with for ChristianBlessings, such as Wayne Stiles, Darrell Creswell and others I hope, in the days to come to be acquainted with, as we march forward together in the Lord’s army to faithfully fulfil the Great Commission to the ends of the world and more importantly to be people who live out His Great Commandments of love to God and man, until He comes. I thank God for every one of you, for your Contribution to ChristianBlessings, your prayer support, your fellowship across the miles, inter- continental and in cyberspace. You represent the among best of America to the rest of the world.
God bless America and every American I have been associated with and been blessed by. May I too be a blessing to you and your families in Christ and those in need of a Saviour, today and in the days ahead. Happy 4th July, 2012.
How are we representing the Kingdom of Heaven and Jesus our Lord?
P.S. I want to thank the people at WordPress for making all this blogging possible year round, and keeping the environment safe. God bless them too and draw them to Himself.