The Winner Must Lose by Lyn Leahz

Masazumi Soejima of Japan in the 2009 Boston M...

Masazumi Soejima of Japan in the 2009 Boston Marathon, at the halfway point coming up to the intersection of Route 16 and 128. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The winds have changed, and the night has surely fallen heavy,

As I, a spoiled innocent, left guilty and hopeless of a deed unknowingly done,

Hopelessly lift up my eyes to the hills; but there is no help, and no help comes.

And I say to myself, “Shall my relief ever draw near?”

Bowing my head in anguish, drowning my face in salted tears,

They sting, and they burn relentlessly, though not erasing the many years.

I cry out, this time louder, as I lift my hands in humble surrender.

“I am here!  Have you forgotten?  You promised never to forsake me!”

A loud roar rattles the silence, a rumbling shakes the earth beneath my feet,

The sky unfolds as lightning splits the darkness in two, the mountains crumble into dust;

Dropping to my knees in fear, there seems to be no shelter from the chaotic mess here,

My mouth is as dry as paper, and I can taste the dirt upon my tongue, heaving and lamenting…

“Oh God, where does my help come from?”

It seems the end has arrived, for my eyes can no longer remain open;

There is nothing but blackness, and so great that I can feel it.

As my strength fails me, I am both angry and frightened, for I have been abandoned.

I’m not sure what to do, nor is there a place that I can go, so I begin to pray.

As I begin to utter the words from a set of parched, and speechless lips,

A hand emerges through the shroud of death that lingers round about me;

I hear a voice that seems familiar, yet I’ve never heard it before,

and see a hand that wipes my eyes, and quenches all my thirst.

Face to face, and kneeling before me, gazing deeply within my eyes, he softly whispers,

“Stand up My child, I have been here with you all along;

“there was never a moment when you were alone; I’ve been covering you with my arms,

“I was here, I Am here, I will always be with you, My love has no end.”

He stretched forth his hand and drew me to my feet as I attempted to speak.

But He knew my words before they ever made it past my tongue,

“I know, and I forgive you son.”  He held out His hands for me to gaze upon.

“See, I did this for you because I knew you would stumble and stagger.”

When He smiled, I knew the clouds and the debris were gone,

I peered into His eyes and perceived two doves dancing in the meadow at sunrise,

I became lost within them, and I knew not where I was, though I tried;

A gentle breeze encompassed me, and a fragrance sweet as lilacs filled my nose.

Finally, I cried out in gladness,  “Thank You Lord; thank You!”

But all at once, He was gone, and all I could hear was this peculiar song:

“I shall never leave you, I shall never forsake you, when the load is too heavy….

“It is then when I shall carry your cross for you; only lie down your ways, and enter into mine.

“You see My child, by walking with Me, you’ve left nothing good behind;

“The true winner is the one who loses everything, and the true loser is the one who has gained it all…

and then his everything will surely fall.”

________________

It is when we are broken that we realize that we just can’t do it on our own anymore.  We have reached the point where we give up…and that’s what is necessary..we must give up so we can let Christ rule in our hearts.  When we try to control everything, it doesn’t work.  Our stubbornness and pride are a diamond-hard wall that are nearly impossible to penetrate; but God can.  Although God does not inflict suffering upon us, He can sometimes allow it if He sees the long-term benefit to our soul.  He wants us healthy, happy and all of that good stuff..but, He cares most about our eternity, not the flesh, which is so short of a time.  If allowing you to suffer in order that it will make you surrender saves your soul from hell, then it was well worth it in the end.  He is always with you, even when you don’t feel it…He is there.

We can’t be whole until we are broken.  Are you ready to fall apart?

-Lyn

About these ads

About Lyn Leahz

I am a Christian author using my gift of writing to glorify Jesus. Please check out book one, Soul Deceiver, in my three part Eternal Soul Series, available through Thomas Nelson-Westbow Press. CLICK HERE My hope is to bring people to repentance through my writing, and to bring those who do not know Him as Lord of their lives to the cross of Jesus Christ. May all be blessed, because there isn't much time left! Jesus Christ is coming soon! "Ready or not! Here I come!" Are you ready? My websites: http://LynLeahz.com, http://VineOfLifeNews.com & http://PromiseBook.net
This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY, CHRISTIAN LIFE AND THE WORD, CHRISTIAN TAGALOG BLOGS and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The Winner Must Lose by Lyn Leahz

1. mtsweat says:

Welcome to Christian Blessings, Lyn! May the Lord bless your words and change the lives of people eternally through the gospel of Jesus Christ. Realizing we are broken, beyond repair, of value for nothing but scrap piles and grave yards… Jesus! Blessings good friend.

• Lyn Leahz says:

Thank you, God bless for taking the time to write. Yes, when we realize we can’t do it ourselves anymore, and when we surrender…that’s when we can be made perfect in Him. ;-)

2. Rob Barkman says:

Welcome to Christian Blessings, Lyn. I appreciate your heartfelt posting on the need to be in total submission to the Lord as we come to salvation and then during our walk here on earth Thanks for having such a great desire to reach others with the truths of God’s Word. I’ve been enjoying your blog for weeks now. It has been a blessing to me. May He continue to bless you as you begin ministering with us here at CB!

• Lyn Leahz says:

Thanks Rob! You’re always such an encouragement to me, and I love your posts as well….the ones here, and at your own personal website. I look forward to them daily, and they are a blessing to me! Know that all of your hard work is never in vain..so many are touched and learn from what you do. Thanks so much for giving of yourself, and so passionately, not only to your sisters and brothers in Christ; but also to the world who does not know Him! God bless you this day, and always!

Great post Lyn! A Warm welcome to Christian Blessings!!
    Greg

4. 4hispraise says:

Lyn……….. Holy mowly what a fine first post (for us). Welcome, and I love your prose-narrative not to mention the content.. Milt

5. Welcome to the family at Christian Blessings Lyn.

Your post immediately brings to mind Mark 8:35 “Whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the Gospel’s will save it” This is repeated Matthew 10:39 and Matthew 16:25 and Luke 9:24

FOUR times – it must be important! And we find the truth of this many times throughout our Christian walk. We are ALWAYS the winner when we allow Him to control and we submit to His will. We cannot lose. We cannot outgive God, because (as Spurgeon said) He always uses a bigger shovel.

What an amazing God!

• Lyn Leahz says:

That’s right. This particular post is about losing ourselves…the fleshly part of us, and submitting to God..thus, we must lose to win! Thanks for the reply and the welcome! God bless you and I love you!!!! Hugs!

6. Lyn Leahz says:

Thank you very much, and God bless you. Yes, it is a blessing. The saddest thing is, when those who come to the end of themselves do not find Him or see Him there. If only everyone knew!

• muse1876 says:

Beautiful. You are such a great instrument of the Lord.

• Lyn Leahz says:

Thanks Muse…but those of us who do love our heavenly Father are all great instruments! Each of us having our own special, important purpose in Him! God bless you! And thank you.

7. ptl2010 says:

Welcome to ChristianBlessings, Lyn.
    Please write as the Lord leads and inspires you. The time is short and we must speed the Light.
    May the Lord be glorified always.

Is it not wonderful that when we come to the end of ourselves, He is there for us? Praise the Lord.

In His service