Free from Emotional Pain

Free from Emotional Pain

Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
http://strongholdsmashers.com/bible/free-emotional-pain/

Emotional pain may be one of the hardest strongholds we face, but pain can actually be a prelude to a blessing.  When all else fails we can always find comfort for emotional pain in the stronghold of God.

A toddler girl cryingSometimes we feel like a toddler crying.

There may be a person or persons who continually and deliberately cause us pain–particularly if we a have turned our lives over to Jesus Christ. In this world we will have trouble but we should be of good cheer, Jesus has overcome the world. The ones causing us pain may not even know, or care about, the pain they’re causing us.

Emotional pain keeps coming back when we think of the division and of the future for our loved ones because of this division; when we think of the problems rather than Jesus Christ and the solutions, and when we have enemies–people who hate us seemingly without a cause.

It hurts to have someone you love turn against you. It hurts to be overlooked, to get a bad report, to be used, abused, victimized, irrationally judged, betrayed, mistreated, or for any number of reasons. As overwhelming as it may sound, we can overcome the painful emotions that outside influences inflict and be stronger and more compassionate because of them.

Corcovado jesus

1. Consider the source. Who or what is causing this pain? Whatever it is has its roots in sin. If you can identify it, there’s a good chance that you can understand and overcome it.

2 Corinthians 2:4 For I wrote you out of great sorrow and deep distress [with mental torture and anxiety] of heart, [yes, and] with many tears, not to cause you pain but in order to make you realize the overflowing love that I continue increasingly to have for you.

2. Forgive no matter how many times it takes. Ask forgiveness if your emotional pain involves others who have not forgiven you.

2 Corinthians 2:7 So [instead of further rebuke, now] you should rather turn and [graciously] forgive and comfort and encourage [him], to keep him from being overwhelmed by excessive sorrow and despair.

3. Ask God to give you a support team–others in your life who will pray with and for you when the hurt tries to come at you.

Revelation 21:4 God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be anguish (sorrow and mourning) nor grief nor pain any more, for the old conditions and the former order of things have passed away.

4. Don’t allow fear, worry, doubt, anxiety or other strongholds cause you emotional pain. 92% of what we fear or worry about will never take place. The other 8% should be placed in God’s hands.

Matthew 6:34 So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.

5. Consider that you are not alone. Since God never changes, as the promise was to Moses, so it is for us today.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]

About these ads

About ptl2010

Jesus Christ is Lord. Praise The Lord! May ChristianBlessings impact a minimum of one soul for eternity every day from 22 July 2010, with 100% increase each passing year. Glory be to Jesus!
This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY, CHRISTIAN FOUNDATIONS OF BELIEF, CHRISTIAN LIFE AND THE WORD, CHRISTIAN TEENS BLOGS, STRONGHOLD SMASHERS and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Free from Emotional Pain

  1. Pingback: Pain Is Temporary « Outpost CrossFit

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s