Dim Sum – An impossibility is Reality
When we all work together, how happy we will be. That is the story of the Formula One Singapore Grand Prix, and it can be too for the people of God in churches and communities all over the world – impossibilities can become reality if all work together under God’s banner of love God, love your neighbour as yourself.
The race was announced in May 2007 after agreement of a five-year deal between Formula One Management, a Singapore entrepreneur, and the Singapore Tourism Board. At first, it was a venture fraught with seemingly insurmountable concerns – finding a suitable race circuit , finding a a convenient broadcast time for European television audiences as well as thrilling local fans, and safety concerns for drivers and spectators should there be a night race.
In 2008, Singapore had the honour of hosting the first night-time event in Formula One history. The inaugural Singapore Grand Prix proved a huge hit, staged on a street circuit, with the city’s famous skyline providing a truly spectacular backdrop. Using public city roads around the Marina Bay area, the circuit utilised powerful lighting systems to replicate daylight conditions with the most stringent safety protocols to ensure driver and spectator safety. It was more than just a motor race. “We envision it to be a national festival, and one that presents many opportunities for participation for everyone, both visitors and Singaporeans alike,” said Singapore’s Minister of State for Trade and Industry.
With a new 5 year contract from 2013 here is another Singapore success story in the making. With experience gained,, the expected benefits are future hosting fee savings of 15 to 20 percent off a peak level of S$40 million , extended use life of the established infra-structure, and average tourism numbers of 150,000 international visitors, injecting about S$600 million into the economy for each year. It will take all the co- operation of the private and public parties concerned in the Grand Prix, for the success of the night races.
Psalm 133 : How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! 2 It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe. 3 It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.
How long has it been since you felt blessed in church?
We cannot live as grand prix drivers filled with worldly ambition in church – competition, jealousy, covetousness, selfishness, and we could add rejection of the love of God and the move of the Holy Spirit if they do not know God.
Watch out! have we been so programmed by the world that we cannot press the P5 Refresh button and learn to live together in harmony with the Lord and with each other?
What is the preferred of operation of the Church from Psalm 133?—brethren dwelling together in unity, not quarrelling, devouring one another, but delighting in each other with mutual endearments, promoting each other’s welfare with mutual services. It is not living asunder at a distance from each other to preserving peace, enmity and strife (Gen. 13:9 )? For then we forfeit the goodness and pleasantness to dwell even as one having one heart, one soul, one interest.
II. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is! It is good agreeable to the will of God, the conformity of earth to heaven. It brings honor and comfort, pleasant and pleasing to God and all good men. It brings constant delight to those who do thus live in unity, this rare admirable thing, so much of heaven on this earth! It is amiable, attractive and an exemplary thing, to be imitated by us with a holy emulation.
III. The ointment
1. was fragrant as the holy anointing oil, strongly perfumed, and its diffused odours, gave great delight to all the bystanders, when it was poured upon the head of the high priest, so plentifully that it ran down the face, even to the collar or binding of the garment, v. 2.
2. was holy – our brotherly love must come from a pure heart, devoted to God. We must love those that are begotten for his sake 1 Jn. 5:1 .Aaron and his sons were not admitted to minister unto the Lord till they were anointed with this ointment, nor are our services acceptable to God without this holy love; if we have it not we are nothing, 1 Co. 13:1, 1 Co. 13:2 .2.
3. was a divine formula; God appointed the ingredients and the quantities for the anointing oil. Thus believers are taught of God to love one another; it is a grace of his working in us.
4. was very precious: was not to be made for any common use. Thus holy love is, precious in the sight of God, of great price.
5. beget gratefulness all round – to Aaron himself and to all about him. So holy love rejoices the heart. Christ’s love to mankind was part of that oil of gladness with which he was anointed above his fellows.
6. was profitable, pleasing as the dew - brings abundance of blessings as numerous as the drops of dew, contributes very much to our fruitfulness in every thing that is good
7. cools the scorching heat of men’s passions, as the evening dews cool the air and refresh the earth.
8. moistens the heart, and makes it tender and fit to receive the good seed of the word; not the contrary, as malice and bitterness unfit us to receive it, 1 Pt. 2:1 – as the dew of Hermon, a common hill (for brotherly love is the beauty and benefit of civil societies), and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion, a holy hill, for it contributes greatly to the fruitfulness of sacred societies. Both Hermon and Zion will wither without this dew which tarries not for man, nor waits for the sons of men, Mic. 5:7 . Nor should our love to our brethren stay for theirs to us (that is publican’s love), but should go before it—that is divine love.
IV. The proof of the excellency of brotherly love.
Loving people are blessed people.
1. They are blessed of God, and therefore blessed indeed: There, where brethren dwell together in unity, the Lord commands the blessing, including all blessings. It is God’s prerogative to command the blessing for he speaks and it is done, man can but beg a blessing as promised.
2. They are everlastingly blessed. The blessing which God commands on those that dwell in love is life for evermore; that is the blessing of blessings. They not only dwell in God, but do already dwell in heaven. They live in love and peace, have the God of love and peace with them now, and they shall be with him shortly, for ever, in the world of endless love and peace. How good then is it, and how pleasant!
Don’t rob ourself and others of the blessings of God. Let the Holy Spirit do a new work in us, filling us with God’s love and booting out the world from our lives, perspectives and actions one to another. Where the love of God is there is peace and unity, warmth and fellowship and focus in one heart, mind and spirit under God.
So let us live as the family of God. How we need the Lord’s blessings upon church, family, friends and self and also here at ChristianBlessings. We have not because we ask not and so we ask that all will commit to having this blessing from God which flows from unity on ChristianBlessings. In the event of any misunderstanding, miscommunication let us explain and settle in the love of the Lord. Let us please Him and all of us. Praise the Lord.
Will you ask in Jesus’ Name, for unity among the brethren?
Will you be instrumental in forging that unity?
“By this shall all men know that you are my disciples. ”
“And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor.” Ephesians 5:2
Photos credits from Formula 1 – the official website