Not Only Today but Everyday
Both the Singapore National Day Parade on August 9, 2010 and the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) in Singapore from August 14-26, 2010 have been gazetted as special events under the Public Order Act. The public can expect to see high visibility police patrols at checkpoints, tourist and shopping belts, financial districts, key installations and Mass Rapid Transit trains and stations.
Access controls and security checks will also be implemented at the event venues.
The advice in the Singapore newspapers remind me that as children of God we need ALWAYS to be vigilant as we are always under attack and not only on special days..
Attack could come from the devil, through family, friends, co-workers, peers and force of circumstances e.g sickness, persecution, loss of job. As children of God you are in a war against the enemy. You have to be disciplined and strategic in your fight not willy, nilly. When you know the attack is coming
1. Choose to fight. Don’t choose the way of sinners/unbelievers which is to give in to the enemy and bear with it. You DONT belong to the enemy. YOU BELONG to God.
Joshua 24:15 Choose you this day whom you will serve.
2. Call on God your Lord and Saviour and submit to Him. Ask Him to cleanse you and cover you with His precious blood – seek protection and covering under the blood of Jesus.
James 4: 7a Submit yourself therefore to God.
3. Resist the enemy in the Name of Jesus and the enemy will flee from you – Do not be afraid.
James 4:7b Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Philippians 2:10 That at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
4 Ask the Holy Spirit to raise His standard (the Word of God) against the enemy :
Isaiah 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the Lord ..When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.
If you are really serious of being delivered, don’t rant and rave.. ask the Lord to quieten you down because the more you struggle the more out of control you get and the devil will attack to keep you down – that is his purpose – call his bluff! Acknowledge with all your heart that the Lord is God and is control of the situation and that you NEED Him to take control of you and the situation.
5. Stay quiet and soak in the peace of God.
Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.
Isaiah 26:3,4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever; for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.
6. Ask the Lord for forgiveness and cleansing, strength and power, victory over defeat in life and renewal of your mind.
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
7. Ask the Lord to help you forgive all those who have wronged you and who you blame for the attack upon you, as He forgives you, you forgive those who have wronged you.
Matthew 6: 14, 15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you forgive not men their trespasses ,neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
May you be delivered and gain freedom today in Jesus’ Name, as you trust and obey the Lord all the days of your life. Amen.