One of the greatest blessings in this Grace Age is given through the Holy Spirit’s presence in the Church, the body of Christ. The Church is security and refuge for all members of the Lord’s body. The Church is the union between man and God through the Holy Spirit’s baptism that puts all believers into the personality of Christ. The Church is the power of God’s Grace from an enthroned Christ. The Church is a place where all believers are privileged to know Christ as the head of the body.
• Col 1:18…And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Many people today don’t understand what the Church really is. The Church of the New Testament is the body of believers who recognize the Holy Spirit’s presence after trusting in the redemptive work of Christ on the cross for their own personal forgiveness of sins. The Church is a place where all members of Christ’s body receive a holy heart and a new nature according to the will of God. The Church is a habitation of God through the Omnipresence of the Holy Spirit.
• Eph 2:22… In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
Since the death of Christ in this present Grace Age the Omnipresence of the Holy Spirit reveals the complete make-up of the spiritual body of Christ, the Church. The power and victory given to all members of this spiritual body through the omnipresence of the Holy Spirit is the greatest hindrance to the work of Satan on this side of Heaven.
In light of the believers experience of power and victory in Christ the Bible teaches that Christ “spoiled” principalities and ‘triumphed” over them through the power of His resurrection.
• Col 2:15… And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
By tasting death as a man and thus resurrecting from the dead Christ defied the law of sin and death for humanity through the actual Spirit of life that eternally raised Him from the grave. That same Spirit of life upon all believers within the body of Christ produces man’s consciousness to Christ and gives this believer a desire to live holy in the eyes of God on this side of Heaven. Many believers think they will always walk in the flesh but the Bible teaches that believers walk and live in obedience to the Holy Spirit’s presence. The Spirit of life in Christ Jesus delivers man from the control of the flesh as regeneration by the Spirit gives this individual a God given desire to live holy and righteous in the eyes of God. The Spirit of life through the blessing of the indwelling Spirit liberates the believer from the condemnation and bondage that comes from sin.
• Rom 8:1-2…There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
That Spirit of life in Christ Jesus also helps man to recognize the authority of a living Christ in the Throneroom today and not only Christ who died at Calvary 2010 years ago. Christ’s authority is omnipresent throughout His body, the Church. His authority is prevalent to those in subjection to His Enthronement in Heaven. The authority of Christ as the Head of the Church offers the believer supreme power over sin, death, and the Devil himself. The Holy Spirit is God’s way of manifesting Christ’s authority in the life of a believer. The New Testament believer in Christ has no authority of his own. It is Christ’s authority from the Throneroom only that can “destroy” the works of the Devil
• Heb 2:14… Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
• 1 John 3:8…For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
Any believer who studies the Bible will see that the authority of Satan was “defeated” through the promise and person of Christ. According to prophecy… as a man, Christ’s heel was bruised when He hung on the cross at Calvary. According to the same prophecy Satan’s headship (authority) was bruised when Christ rose from the grave. Christ overcame death through the power of His resurrection. Christ overcame the Devil because, “He is God and all creatures are subject to Him”. In God’s promise to the serpent (Satan) through the power of redemption that comes through Christ’s death and resurrection revelation is given to the heart of man. Divine revelation points to the fact that within the promise of Christ as Savior and Redeemer the authority of Satan is “bruised” until Final Judgment where the Devil is cast into the sea of fire.
• Gen 3:15…And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
The supremacy of Christ the head of the Church and creator of all things shows that “all power” in heaven and in earth is within the hands of Christ.
• Col 1:16…For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
This heavenly position of Christ taught in the Scriptures and revealed by the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer “defeats” the cause of Satan in this present Grace Age. Christ’s authority has preeminence over the Devil and the powers of darkness in the life of every member of the body of Christ, the Church. Christ’s supremacy gives victory to every believer who is subject to the authority of our enthroned Christ. The authority of Christ who is presently seated at the right hand of God is automatically made known to every member of the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit’s witness. The New Testament confirms such truth as the Holy Spirit makes Christ known to the hearts of all believers.
Although many false doctrines in our present Church Age teach otherwise, every believer in Christ and every member of Christ’s spiritual body are entitled to deliverance from the power of Satan and his demons. Why? Believers are translated into the Kingdom where Christ makes His abode. Children of God (those born of the Spirit) are provided with deliverance from the powers of darkness and here’s why. Satan the God of this Age only blinds the minds of those who “believe not” in the Gospel. Scriptures denote the fact that Satan has no authority over the child of God whatsoever.
• 1 John 4:4…greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
The child of God is redeemed and bought for a price. That price was Christ’s death at Calvary but redemption is for the believer to be spiritually united with an enthroned Christ in Heaven. A child of God should be conscious to the authority of a living Christ. A child of God is free to exercise faith in the living power of an enthroned Christ which thus hinders the authority of the Devil in the life of that believer. This is why the Bible teaches the child of God can “resist” the Devil by faith in Christ. Scriptures also teach that if a child of God resists the Devil… the Devil will flee from him. Why? The Devil is automatically resisted when the believer exercises faith in the authority of a living Christ. The Devil is thus subject to the authority of Christ and therefore has to flee.
• James 4:7… Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
The picture of the Holy Spirit as the hinderer of the work Satan through the Church is taught in the New Testament. The Holy Spirit’s hindrance to the work of Satan is a blessing of God’s Grace for the entire body of Christ until the Church is caught up to meet with Christ in the air. A believer’s knowledge and confidence in the power and presence of the Holy Spirit in the Church today is Satan’s greatest hindrance. Faithfulness to Christ is the key to defeating the cause of Satan. Obedience to Christ quenches all the fiery darts of the wicked. The Bible teaches all members of the body of Christ are overcomers to the powers of Satan.
• 1 John 2:14…because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
• 1 John 5:18…We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
Victory is granted because of personal faith and subjection to a living Christ who is far above all principality, power, might, and dominion. The Devil and his demons are all subject to the authority of the Lord of Glory who is exalted and seated in the Throneroom. From the Throneroom Christ wants all members of His body to know about and to share the exceeding greatness of His power.
• Eph 1:19-21… And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: