Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with anxiety or the handle of faith.
Henry Ward Beecher
Once there was a boy who always looked on the bright side and always expected the best. He expected to like Brussels sprouts before he had ever tasted them, for instance, and to like his teacher on the first day of school. Because he had such a sunny outlook on things, he was rarely disappointed.
But the boy’s father thought he wasn’t realistic, so one Christmas he decided to test him, On Christmas morning there were many presents, all but one small one were for the boy’s brother. The brother opened his gifts with glee-a train set, a toy robot, a cowboy outfit, even his own TV.
Through all this, the boy smiled expectantly, confidant of his small box would equal the splinter of his brother’s gifts. When it was his turn he ripped the box open to find only a pile of some very smelly animal droppings.
To his father’s astonishment, the boy clapped his hands with joy and ran immemorially to the backyard. “Yippee!” he cried. “There must be a pony here somewhere!”
If I except the best, just for today, what wondrous things might happen?
- Swim, Bike, Yogurt (carolinecalcote.com)
- Things I Almost Missed Out On (thehealthyheroine.wordpress.com)
- It’s July – so time for Harrods and Selfridges to open their Christmas shops (telegraph.co.uk)
- Another manic monday…are those the lyrics? (justalittlebrowngirl.wordpress.com)
- It Is not for Me! (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- My Little Groom Shop…This one’s for the boys: curing Peter Pan syndrome – Part Deux (mylittleflowershop.wordpress.com)
- Beckham Boys Suit and Antler Up For Xmas Eve! (popsugar.com)
- The American Boy Doll (holdtheausterity.wordpress.com)
- Head ‘held autistic boy against wall’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Sunday AFL and the boy goes back to Perth. (ianhas1.wordpress.com)
- Real Housewives of New Jersey: The Christmas Miracle [Video] (gawker.com)
- Blog: Food Totalitarians on Parade (gds44.wordpress.com)
- The weekly vegetable challenge (nonutsjournal.wordpress.com)
- What’s In Season For August (cliftonkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Giant Red Footed Monster (bethannchiles.com)
- Mid Winter Update (qafarmer.wordpress.com)
- Kotaku Off Topic: Sproutrage [How Is This News?] (kotaku.com)
Pingback: Once There Was A boy (via ChristianBlessings) | My Blog
Pingback: Once There Was A boy (via ChristianBlessings) | The Christian Gazette