Grandpa, you’re just an old fuddy-duddy! – (Lauren, age 4)

Last week my two granddaughters were here for a visit. Grandkids are why we let our own children live, I think! The greatest title and job in the entire world is that of GRANDPA! (sorry ladies).

The younger, Lauren (age 4) wanted me to play Barbie with her. Now, Lauren is very insistent that some toys are boy toys and some are girl toys. So I asked her if grandpa, being a boy and all, should play with Barbies.

“Grandpa, you’re just an old fuddy-duddy, ” Lauren exclaimed.

“Lauren, what’s a fuddy-duddy?” I asked.

“I dunno”

“Then why did you call me a fuddy-duddy?”

“’cause grandma said you are.”

Well, I can’t argue with that!

So, I played with Barbies. But I got to be a prince!

Life is good, especially with the blessing of grandkids!

Shalom, Art

Alive in The Word

Advertisements

About aliveintheword

Missouri, USA Married to Marty, 45 years 2 sons (with 2 daughers-in-law) and 2 granddaughters Life dedicated to serving Jesus Christ and delivering the Good News
This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY, CHRISTIAN FAMILY FUN AND HERITAGE, CHRISTIAN LIFE AND THE WORD, CHRISTIAN TEENS BLOGS. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Grandpa, you’re just an old fuddy-duddy! – (Lauren, age 4)

1. Andy Oldham says:

Reblogged this on and commented:
    Saw this on Christian Blessing Blog! Hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to send me your stories like this as well!

2. Andy Oldham says:

I love this! You old fuddy-duddy!

3. Reblogged this on ChristianBlessings and commented:

Lauren is now seven. Grandpa is still a ‘fuddy-duddy.”

4. 4hispraise says:

And, Eli, our great grand baby at 22 months, having heard the exlamation burst forth from my wife Audreys’ mouth; “Goodness- Gratious!’ has been delighted with it enough to say it to everyone he can. Now if we can just tie it together with He (God) who is that.! Well, lets just let him (Eli) just test the concept before we introduce him to the author….. all in it’s own time.

5. ptl2010 says:

Art, grandpas and great grandpas are as young as they think. What a charm that they can leave a heritage of love with their grandchildren and great grandchildren when these no long fear you but feel they can come close to you. Thank God for grandpas and great grandpas. I had a grandpa who left an indelible mark on my life as I followed him in his profession with God’s blessings.

6. Pingback: Grandpa, you’re just an old fuddy-duddy! – (Lauren, age 4) (via ChristianBlessings) | YOU DECIDE