I was privileged to attend Seed Ministry’s conference in Singapore and heard two speakers George and Susan representatives from the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem speak on why Christians need to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. I had never heard of this ministry and would like to encourage viewers here to get plugged in and to pray for their work.
You can read more about the ICEJ at the following contacts:
International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
20 Rachel Imeinu Street, P.O Box 1192, Jerusalem 91010, Israel
Tel 972 2 539 9700 Fax 972 2 566 9970
- They sponsor the largest annual tourist event in Israel, since 1980 the Christian celebration of the biblical Feast of Tabernacles (Succot)
- The Christian Embassy was active in the refusenik movement in the 1980s working with Jewish groups on behalf of persecuted Jews in the former Soviet Union and assisted in the absorption process and integration into the wider society
- For nearly 3 decades their Social Assistance program has helped the disadvantaged in Israel : Jews, Arabs, Druse and Bedouin irrespective of geographic location or religious belief touching the poor, the elderly, the disabled, Holocaust survivors, single and battered mothers, troubled youths, providing clothing, food and medical help in addition to investment in community projects and reconciliation programs
- ICEJ has multiple media outlets for disseminating a biblical perspective on the restored nation of Israel to combat ignorance, prejudice and anti-Semitism e.g. ICEJ New Service email bulletins, weekly radio broadcast “Front Page Jerusalem“, partnership in The Jerusalem Post Christian Edition and flagship ministry magazine Word from Jerusalem.
- The ICEJ’s national and international representatives address churches year-round about our scriptural obligation to stand with the Jewish people, working closely with Israeli embassies and missions abroad to promote Christian tourism and pilgrimage to Israel.
We wish them Godspeed all the way as the Lord leads them.