The Water Department guys came – “We have to do emergency repairs today. Your tap water supply will be turned off.”
Evening came and I turned on the tap – what gushed out was muddy water not clean drinkable water. It caused me to consider the following :
- Many of us take for granted the supply of Living Water that we receive from the Lord daily. We must appreciate the supply and maintain it by keeping our relationship and connection with the Lord intact every day of our lives.
- Do not wait till the supply is stopped and the muddy water emerges to blur our vision of the Lord, to reflect our struggling faith overcome by the doubts and fears that plague us from the enemy, when we cease to be the fresh and living source of supply to those in need around us.
- Are we wasting the precious supply of Living water on those who would perpetually reject it? By repeatedly staying with those who have not been accepting, are we then denying those who are thirsty and need a chance to drink of it ?
- How many in third world countries would give up much just to drink of clean water? Uncontaminated, and healthy, the water for life.
After I allowed the tap water to run for a while it became clear again and the water was drinkable.
- How often in witnessing we may become dry and not give out the living water, the drinkable message which the gospel of peace brings. It is when we are reconciled with the Lord and once again run according to His Word, that we can share the fresh Living Water.
Sometimes the pipes may leak and we need repair to the pipes. Yes, periodically we need maintenance works to our faith system – it could be our hearsay and dependence on it, it could be our doctrines which need to be calibrated by the Word of God or it could be allowing the Holy Spirit to gently reprove us of our insensitivities and weaknesses.
I have been reminded that I should treasure this Living Water. I hope you have been too.
Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
Springs of Living Water
Music and Words by John W. Peterson
“For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them,
and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters:
and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.”
I thirsted in the barren land of sin and shame,
And nothing satisfying there I found;
But to the blessed cross of Christ one day I came,
Where springs of living water did abound.
- Drinking at the springs of living water
- Happy now am I, my soul they satisfy;
- Drinking at the springs of living water,
- O wonderful and bountiful supply.
How sweet the living water from the hills of God,
It makes me glad and happy all the way;
Now glory, grace and blessing mark the path I’ve trod,
I’m shouting Hallelujah every day.
O sinner, won’t you come today to Calvary?
A fountain there is flowing deep and wide;
The Saviour now invites you to the water free,
Where thirsting spirits can be satisfied.