As we have just stepped into the threshhold of a new year 2012, let us here at ChristianBlessings and in the Christian community at large, pause to take a rein-check of where we are headed spiritually in the year(s) to come. It may be more difficult as a global community but there are certain preventive/offensive measures we can take as a community to avert the slide away from our fundamentals of faith and to encourage us to be fighting fit till Jesus comes.
1. We can communicate our faith with one another through cyber space which knows no national boundaries. The more we do this the quicker the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the more we encourage one another to know that there are others in the same boat, and that our struggles are common.
2. We can share the blessings of the Lord to us-ward – from His Word, from the resources He has given us stewardship over, using the many new global IT modes as well as through the financial channels which are fast developing e.g Paypal etc. We need to be constantly upgrading our modes as appropriate and our message to our “publics” while retaining our fundamentals of faith, to stay relevant to the community and generation we live in. When we do this, let us be careful that each of us is at a different level on the learning curves. We need to remember that we need the Holy Spirit to help, strengthen and pour forth the fruit of the Spirit in love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Let us learn to submit to each other in love of God, in the process and grow in faith and works from strength to strength for His glory not our own. May all redound to His glory. Let us have the mind of Christ in everything we do and not enforce the world in the work of the Lord no matter how tempting. We need wisdom and discernment from the Holy Spirit. No one is more important than another in the service of the Lord for we are one body with many parts in Christ each unique, made in His image and He knows our intents and purposes and is the Judge and Controller of all things.
3. We can bond as a family of God and enter into alliances not competition. We need to identify our enemy and work against our enemy and not against one another to His glory to fulfil His commission. Know that the enemy has commonly used differences in opinion to divide the church. Being conscious of this is to be forewarned and we need to be forearmed. We need to build and not tear down and we need to complement instead of duplicate the use of the resources the Lord has provided us. We need to expand, maximise the benefits across the globe of the limited resources, manpower and infrastructures of missionary and church activities. Let us send and speed the Light of Jesus Christ.
4. We need to love, pray, care, and support/encourage one another more, even as we see the evil day approaching when persecutions will be rampant as the enemy knows his days are numbered. I am promoting the networking of Christians even in business alliances, support and growth as we safeguard the territories financial, markets, customers, family, logistics of the Lord’s business which the Lord has given us as a family and among His family for His glory. The household of faith must be faithful, consistent and generous to one another, not seeking only the bottom line but showing charity and grace with His enablement. United we stand against the common enemy, and divided we fall into his trap of distraction from the Great Commission and his most effective bait for Christians wanting to work with each other is to take “offense” and be hurt and unforgiving. Being forewarned is to be forearmed.
5. We need to lift up the fallen, strengthen the arms that have grown weary and we need to remain in touch and let not those isolated turn back to the world. We need the mercy and grace of the Lord more than ever to forgive, to restore among the faithful. We need to Click a Blessing every day from the Word to be motivated to keep our faith, and minister to those in need with wisdom and discernment from the Holy Spirit. We cannot do it on our own for it is not by might, nor by power but by the Holy Spirit only. Remember and remind each other of Immanuel, God with us – what and whom have we to fear?
6. Let us be trusting the Word of the Lord and obeying His commands to go and send forth the Word. Let us not hinder if we decide not to go. Let us know – for God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind. He will make a way for us through the wilderness, and give us the springs of living water as He will supply our every need as we go forth, courageously to be Daniels, Davids and Elijahs, Esthers, Timothys, in His Name.
7. Let us take the offensive rather than the defensive. Heal not hurt. Spread the good news with positive life experiences and mitigate the impacts of negatives. We must run and not grow weary. We must wait on the Lord and renew our strength. We must grow and not remain as babes. We must find our grounding on the Rock to stay. Amen. Let the storm clouds come, His rain will be blessings and His seed will grow unto harvest on good ground. We must take our place in His plans and be responsible, watchful and charge! Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before.
8. Let us not be divided by the limited understanding of our faith and bicker on details which have not been revealed fully to us by the Lord Jesus until we see Him face to face. Let us agree to disagree on these secret things that belong to the Lord and not to a few, and build on the fundamentals of faith for which we know where everyone needs a Saviour to be reconciled with God, for which we would die for and propagate effectively to expand the family of believers in Jesus Christ.
Where are we (and you) in God’s scheme of things and in His Master Plan of the Great Commission?
Are we(you) where we should be?
Have we forgiven those who have wronged us and settled all accounts of the past so we may begin a new clean slate in service to our Saviour and Lord and ensure that our iniquities do not separate us from Him?
Let us be sure to pray for the Lord to go before us and ensure we do not take the lead.
We are followers in His work, let us never forget that. When we go ahead of Him, we are in tenuous territory as we go in our flesh and to bolster our ego. We become exposed to the enemy’s attack.
When we forget that He is our God and is to be given the glory, we will be in hot soup because the Lord will not share His glory with any other.
Let us respect Him in ALL we do – in the meditations of our heart, in our intents, in our words, actions and relationships.
May the Lord be praised and glorified in 2012.
We live for Him. We live in Him. We live unto Him.
Let us rededicate ourselves afresh to His service with a true heart.