For our struggle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers… the powers… the world forces of this darkness.
Whether you realize it or not, you are engaged in a spiritual battle every day. You live in a culture that is increasingly hostile to your faith. The devil and those who promote his self-indulgent agenda are relentless in their assault on your mind and affections. You can’t affort to drop your guard for a minute.
Well get ready for War!
Do not engage the enemy alone. Ephesians 6:10 say ” be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.” Whenever temptations you’re facing right now, it is His strengths alone-not yours-that can see you you through. Keep on surrendering daily to the Master.
Employ every piece of your spiritual armor. As Ephesians 6:13 says, to resist the schemes of the devil, you must take must the full armor of God.” Not just the belt of truth but also the shoes of His Gospel, the breastplate of His righteousness, the shield of faith the helmet of His salvation and the sword of His Spirit–the Word of God (see verses 14-17). Don’t head off into battle without them.
Go on the offensive. It’s not enough just to play defense. Though people without Christ may seem fulfilled and self-satisfied, the truth is that they need to know God’s forgivenes..
Quit wasting time. You and I are fighting for the soul of future generations. So turn off the television. Put down the sports page. Unplug from the Internet. The consequences of your life are too eternal to waste on forgettable moments.
Never forget that your marriage is taking place on a spiritual battlefield, not on a romantic balcony. Help one another maintain your “war footing.”
If you do, you won’t be a casualty.
Pray for strength when you’re weak, attentiveness when you’re tired and new discoveries of what it means to put your trust in God.
- How to Resist the Devil, Part 2, ” Be made strong in the Lord ” by Dr. Tim White (chaplaingary.wordpress.com)
- Staying The Course! (footsoldiers4christ.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual Warfare in the New Testament Part III (codybateman.org)
- Jesus in the NT :: Ephesians (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- The Armor of God (paukhtrask.wordpress.com)
- Ephesians 1:1-4 (livingingodsword.wordpress.com)
- Ephesians 3:14-19 (NASB) (lwharper.wordpress.com)
- Ephesians 004: Blessed beyond reason! (missionalrev.wordpress.com)
- Arming Ourself With The Armor of God (keishinta.wordpress.com)
- The Amor of God (paukhtrask.wordpress.com)