Are you or someone you know so safe that you won’t be hurt anymore? Have you built walls around you to protect yourself from further hurt?
– deny access to people who seem detrimental to you?
– cause you to give select access to only those who seem to be on your side?
– make you introverted, looking inwards and not outwards and upwards, to scheme how to further prevent more hurts?
– make you suspect people of no ill intention against you?
– isolate you from others?
– disable you from loving others because of the hurts you have endured?
– cause you to measure God against the measure of man’s despicable behaviour to one another, so that you doubt God’s Word and His love?
– make you become so defensive, armed with the Scriptures for your unforgiving spirit against those who have wronged or have been perceived to have wronged you?
– encourage deception with knowledge and not dividing the Word correctly, puffed up because you think you have a strong defence against the world and those who live in it?
– make you feel comfortable to remain unforgiving?
– allow you to hate people(near and far to you) for the wrongs they seemed to have focussed on you ?
– promote over-protected, consumed, immersed and phobic thoughts and actions to protect yourself in every way?
If the above description fits you, you are too “safe” for your own good as you no longer know the Truth, or the real truth of your predicament and need to come out of your castle of deception. If you are, you are imprisoned and need help to get out.
Proverbs 18:19 describes such a person – A brother offended is harder to win than a strong city, and contentions are like the bars of a castle.
Such a person can only escape from his own prison by experiencing undeservedly, the grace, mercy and love of God, His forgiveness and the Son of God to set you free – for whom the Son sets free is free indeed. You must repent of sin of fear, selfish behaviour, and erroneous impressions and perception of people, unforgiveness, hatred, suspicious attitude which have led you to doubt God’s Word and His promises, and let the pure love of God flow into your life and heal your hurts that have bound you and kept you captive.
John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free you will be free indeed.
Are you seeking freedom from self? Are tired of trying always to protect yourself?
Let Jesus’ love flow into your life and accept it unreservedly and let it be your example to love and forgive. The love of God is unconditional for it is offered to those who do not merit it. Those who are too “safe” for their own good, those who have been deceived by fears of rejection and without trust. Those who are tired of being inprisoned in their minds and actions, reflexes and even their very emotions.
May God help you if you are such an one, to release your guilt of the past and cling to new hope He offers, only through your turning to Jesus. Let Him have all of you and He will turn your darkness and dungeon into His marvelous light and freedom, and your sorrow into joy.
Knock on heaven’s door for reconciliation with the Father through Jesus Christ and step into the fulness of His grace, mercy, love and joy. Be free in Jesus’ name.
I’m free, I’m free
I’m free to be the servant of the Lord
I’m free, I’m free
I’m free to be the servant of the Lord.
He taught me how to love Him
He taught me how to pray
He taught me how to praise Him
I’m free to be a servant of the Lord.