Watching God Work Behind The Scenes

A few weeks ago, my oldest brother was taken from work by ambulance to one of the local hospitals with pneumonia.  About a week later, I received a phone call from my mother that they were transferring him to another hospital to do surgery.

I requested prayer, and then sat and watched as fellow bloggers rallied at the Lord’s calling to pray for him as he was undergoing surgery to drain the fluid from his chest and lungs.

I rejoiced in awe at the way God worked on behalf of my brother, working in their hearts to uplift him in prayer.

My faith was strengthened, as was the faith of family members.

He came home a week ago and while still sore and weak, he is improving daily and I ask for continued prayer on his behalf for continued healing and a full return to health.

Then, last week, there came another trial – a bigger, harder trial.

As I sit and write this, my heart is heavy with loss and a deep pain for loved ones that are hurting. At the same time, I am left in grateful awe at the working of the Lord on behalf of those loved ones.

As some of you may know, my stepdaughter’s fiancée passed away suddenly last week.  We are not sure really what happened, just know that he stopped breathing Tuesday morning and suffered complete shut down of his internal organs.

They took him off life support Wednesday and he was gone in seconds.

As the last few days have gone by, I have listened and seen how God worked to give my stepdaughter the support she needed.

From leading her younger brother to move back home just a few months ago so that he would be there for her now; to leading an older brother to call and check on her as she waited at the hospital Tuesday – completely unaware of what was happening.  He immediately packed some clothes and set out from Rhode Island.

God worked through an internet failure Wednesday morning, getting service just long enough for the prayer request to be read and posted before it shut back down again.

He once again rallied people from around the world to pray as the fight for our future son-in-law’s life was being waged.

He led a fellow blogger to write an article on the assurance that He would be there in the midst of an illness and would lead the loved one home to heaven when they died.  This article was posted Wednesday morning before my prayer request was even sent out.

Through it all, I could see His hand working on behalf of my stepdaughter; building up a network of prayer and support to uphold her during this time.

I ask that you continue to pray for her and her two children – one a dear baby girl that is just three weeks old, the other a son who will be 9 in July.  This boy’s dad was killed in a motorcycle accident 2 1/2 years ago.

I ask that you continue to pray for her fiancée’s other son, a boy of around 6; and for the rest of his family – parents, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews.

I also ask that you continue to pray for the rest of our family as we are all feeling the loss of this dear man.

Thank you dear brothers and sisters in Christ, for your prayer support, your love and encouragement.  May God bless you all richly.

About Drusilla Mott

Child of the King, wife, mom, step-mom, gramma, aspiring author, blessed beyond measure. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY, PRAISE THE LORD TESTIMONIES and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Watching God Work Behind The Scenes

1. 4hispraise says:

God’s admonition “whatever is good, think upon these things”. has carried all of us through with the benefit of time. Pray that the children have sweet memories and that they be revisited often, and that God will sent a host of others to be there at their side: This may be one of the best lessons that they may ever learn; compassion… that they too should lend theirs to others in their times of trial.

2. SPTP2011 says:

Keeping your family in prayer
    God Bless
    susie

3. I am so sorry for your family’s sudden loss. This must be a really hard time for you. I pray that God will do a mighty work in everyone’s lives who have been affected. He has a purpose and plan for everyone. His ways are higher than our ways, and though we do not understand them, we must trust that He knows what He is doing through this experience. I pray the Lord will comfort you, strengthen you, and give you renewed hope. May the Lord richly bless you and you continue to place your life in His loving hands.

• Thank you faithfull4him. I am so very thankful and blessed to know I have Him to lean on and draw strength and comfort from. I have trust in His purpose and plan even though, as you say, we do not understand them just yet.

Drusilla, I have been fervently praying for these children and your step-daughter ever since I read your prayer request and sad news here last week. So very wonderful about your brother’s improvement. Praise God.

Dear Drusilla,
    Encouraging news about your brother! Praise God for his healing.
    I am continuing to lift you and all the rest of your family up in prayer. I am glad we all can come together and pray for healing and peace for all of you.
    God bless

• Thank you writinggomer. When told of all the prayers being lifted up for him, my brother said he knew people were praying – he could feel their prayers. What an awesome God we have that lets us feel the prayers of others as they pray!

6. ptl2010 says:

Drusilla, when we respond positively to “Be still and know that I am God”, we will really see the Hand of God in our lives as His Tapestry unfolds. It will be beautiful we are assured if we only Let Him be Lord., It will for your brother, your step-daughter and your families.

Prayers continue for you and families may His healing hand minister spiriually and physically to all who need His healing at this time – He knows every heartache and hurt. ..A man acquainted with grief.

7. ptl2010 says:

Drusilla, Jesus was a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief Isaiah 53:3. He knows every hurt and spiritual and physical healing that is required in each and every one concerned. When we hear His “Be still and know that I am God” we are assured of the beautiful tapestry that will work out for our lives.When we “Let God” and submit to His authority in our lives that is when the healing will begin. Praise the Lord! He makes a way of escape in every instance in His Love.
    May you all experience His peace which passeth all understanding in your lives as prayers continue for you all.

8. Heartbreaking to read but what a wonderfully encouraging blog!

9. While it is such great news to hear about your brother and how God has had his hand on him this entire time, the presence of him the Lord is still at work even through the loss of your stepdaughter’s fiancé passing. My prayers will continue to be with you all. ( this includes the family of the deceased and the children )

My heart and prayers for healing in the physical and spiritual goes before our loving and mighty Father. May the peace and comfort that surpasses all understanding surround those who seek the Lord in times of heartache, pain and trouble.

Thanks for keeping us posted. God bless you. Stay encouraged and strengthened always….