Click a Blessing Today – Remember me

English: My parents.

Image via Wikipedia PARENTS

Every one of us have/has had parents. I have an 89 year old father who has not come to total dependence on me, thank God. As I watch him having difficulty remembering, clumsily feeding himself, hard of hearing, I think to myself.. will I be like that one day?

We could not choose our parents and the Lord chose them for us. They also could not choose us but gave of their best, no matter what. Even if they gave you away, it was for your best interest. Now in their senior years, we should thank God for them and remember them and bless them for all they have been to us. Some say not much but they were everything you had. So come on thank God and thank them for being there for you when you needed them directly or through their surrogates in your childhood. View the following and remember them and let them know that you remember them. Pick up that phone, go visit, have tea or coffee… just keep in touch.. God’s blessing be yours.

May the Lord help us treat them with love and respect till the Lord takes them home and if they do not know our loving heavenly Father, is it not time you shared with them the love of God for them? Do so as time is short for them and win them to the Lord.

About ptl2010

Jesus Christ is coming soon
This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY, CHRISTIAN LIFE AND THE WORD and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Click a Blessing Today – Remember me

1. Joyce de vivre says:

One of my greatest fears is losing my parents – I can’t imagine life without mama and papa. When I got married I prayed to God everyday that He will prepare me for the time comes they will not remember me anymore. And I thank God for this day and for the coming days where I can show them my love and care while I have the time. Thank you for sharing this! *teary-eyed* :’)

Joyce, we are thankful for the hope that we have in our Risen Christ.- that to be absent in the body is to be present with the Lord. With that thought in mind we love our seniors for as long as the Lord lends them and us breath, and then…what a glory.. we shall be together for all eternity. What a comfort.. when we all get to heaven what a day of rejoicing that will be.

I have a dear friend right now who is praying and weeping her way with her elderly mother with a freshly broken hip now undergoing rehab. God is with us and weeps and sighs with us and respects these elders right there with us, even when they throw the food they don’t like right back at us!

Amen… He is with us through the night seasons and all the day long and gives sufficient grace to His glory. God Bless you grandbee and your friend and her mother today.

3. wdednh says:

Reblogged this on YOU DECIDE.

4. wdednh says:

God bless you for being a faithful daughter, for you are among a few! Diana and I and few ladies from our church go to nursing home and visit and minister to discarded people we call OLD. You be surprised how excited and happy theses people become, just to talk to some one. God bless you and your Father.
    Anthony