The language below says men are servants to sin. Their actions, character, and behavior are “controlled” by sin. Every book in the Bible points to human depravity. Here are a few verses for you to ponder.
• (Genesis 3: 15) The fall … in the garden of the Eden (The original sin)
• (Genesis 6: 5) …the imagination of the thoughts of his heart was evil continually…
• (Genesis 8: 21) … the imagination man’s heart was evil from his youth.
• (Psalms 51: 5) … in sin my mother conceived me, (born in sin)
• (Psalms 58: 3) …the wicked are estranged from the womb; they go astray as soon as they are born speaking lies.
• (Jeremiah 17: 9)… heart is deceitful…
• (Ecclesiastes 9: 3) …the heart of the sons of men is full of evil.
• (Isaiah 55:8) “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are my ways your ways”, says the Lord.
• (John 7:7) … the world hates me because I testified to it that its works are evil.
• (John 3:19) … and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
• (John 3: 20) …for everyone that does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, for fear that his deeds should be exposed.
• (Romans 5: 19) … for by one man’s disobedience (Adam) many were made the sinners.
• (Romans 5: 21) … sin reigned in death… (the sinful nature)
• (Romans 7: 5) … when we were in sin…
• (Romans 7: 9, 10) …I was alive once without the law but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
• (Ephesians 2:3)… we had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind: and were by nature to children of wrath.
Do you see what the Word of God says about man? Do you see why fallen man need’s a Saviour? The language of the Bible doesn’t paint a pretty picture of man without Christ. Take time to see what God says about fallen man. Leave human opinion out of the picture. Let God’s Word have the final say so. Ponder the Truth. Be a good judge of the language of the Bible. See what God shows you.