Free from the Strongholds of Curses
Written by Pola Muzyka
Make no mistake, curses are at the root of almost all sickness, disease, unnatural disaster, hardships, and emotional disturbances. The root cause of curse is sin.
The first curse described in the bible came on the serpent [Satan]. The next curse was put on the woman, Eve, for rebelling against God–believing [Satan/the serpent] lie instead of God. Then Adam rebelled against God–believing his deceived wife instead of God.
Throughout the Bible we see incidences of curses that were brought on us because of rebellion against God–sin. Cain murdered Abel, and the ground was cursed; Ham gossiped about Noah, and his family line was cursed; Simeon and Levi were cursed because of bad tempers, and so on.
If there is no other explanation for a problem, chances are the root is the supernatural–a curse brought on by us or someone else. After hundreds of generations, we can safely say that the strongholds of curses have infiltrated almost every area of our life. Curses can be passed down through generations.
All sin can become strongholds–all sin can bring curses. Without deliverance, curses become strongholds. The after-effects of a curse may last a lifetime. The only way to remove the strongholds of curses is through FAITH in Christ Jesus.
5 Biblical tips to overcome curses:
1. Trust [have faith] in the promise that Jesus has delivered us from the curse of sin and death.
Galatians 3:13-14 Christ paid the price to free us from the curse that God’s laws bring by becoming cursed instead of us. Scripture says, “Everyone who is hung on a tree is cursed.” 14Christ paid the price so that the blessing promised to Abraham would come to all the people of the world through Jesus Christ and we would receive the promised Spirit through faith.
2. Love God. This is the first and greatest commandment.
Romans 8:28-29 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God—those whom he has called according to his plan. 29This is true because he already knew his people and had already appointed them to have the same form as the image of his Son. Therefore, his Son is the firstborn among many children.
3. Resist the temptation to sin. Remember sin invites curses. If you have been redeemed don’t allow the enemy [Satan] to temp you to sin.
1 Corinthians 10:13 13There isn’t any temptation that you have experienced which is unusual for humans. God, who faithfully keeps his promises, will not allow you to be tempted beyond your power to resist. But when you are tempted, he will also give you the ability to endure the temptation as your way of escape.
4. Clear up any legal grounds or strongholds in your own life before casting demonic spirits out. If you are still sinning and have not let go, confess this, repent, and let go of it.
1 John 1:9 God is faithful and reliable. If we confess our sins, he forgives them and cleanses us from everything we’ve done wrong.
5. Cast out demons brought on from curses before you received Christ. After you receive Christ in faith the curses should be broken from your life. This includes sickness, emotional problems, or physical problems. Declare this freedom out loud with the authority given to you by Christ. Fast and pray and/or get with a man/woman of God in agreement to stop the activity of any clinging curses in your life. [Demons of curses from family, friends, or associates might be trying to attach to you.]
Mark 16:17 “These are the miraculous signs that will accompany believers: They will use the power and authority of my name to force demons out of people. They will speak new languages.
A simple prayer of deliverance:
I declare that by the blood of Jesus Christ, the curses brought on to me because of the sins of my ancestors, associations, or my past life, including [name the sins if you know them] have been forgiven and Satan and his demons have no legal right in my life. I renounce, break, and sever all curses. I am no longer under their bondage.
In the name of Jesus, I declare myself and my future generations loosed from any strongholds [of sin & curses] passed down to me from my ancestors. I declare myself free and loosed from any strongholds [demons] trying to attach to me from my [past and present] associations. Who the Lord sets free is free indeed. AMEN!
Pingback: Free from the Stronghold of Generational Disease | Pola Muzyka's Stronghold Smashers
Pingback: Bless those who curse you - Ant Writes
We must claim our freedom from those old curses at the foot of the Cross, under the blood of the Slain Lamb, and by Grace we are lifted high, high above ALL curses!