This begins the series of Faith Child blogs for Christians young and old, especially for readers of our Teens Blog , who would like to have a simple faith child relationship with our Father in heaven.
But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me , and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Luke 18:16
We are to be AS A CHILD, not childish . Being childish is being ignorant, or without TRUTH, but being AS A CHILD is being innocent and accepting the TRUTH with an open heart.
Matthew 18:1-4 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
1 You must have Faith in Jesus,the Son of God and Saviour of the world,to enter the kingdom of Heaven by inviting Jesus to be your Saviour and Lord. Jesus responds by imparting His Holy Spirit also known as the Comforter to you.
Even though the Holy Spirit is invisible, He is real! He already knows you, and the first thing you need to do, is invite Him, because He is a gentleman, and He will not visit without knowing He is welcome. Just like you, He doesn’t like to be ignored … He has feelings too. You can talk to Him everyday about life and you. Tell Him your thoughts, your day ahead. Become aware of His presence. AS you do your work, know He’s there. Invite Him with you in the morning. Start planning to do things together.
2. One way the Father speaks to you is through His Word, the Holy Bible. Make it a habit to read the Bible everyday. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand the Bible by guiding your thoughts. He will help you with answers to questions that you have about anything. As He guides your thoughts and you acknowledge His Presence, you’re showing your Faith and trust in Him, which is the foundation of friendship. Watch how your life changes when you include the Holy Spirit, in everything you do.
Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.
If you include the Lord in everything you do, your plans will succeed for His plans for you are to prosper you as a Child of God.
3. Ask Him to speak to you. and you should listen to Him . Have real conversations with Him. He talks to you through the Bible. His answer may not make sense to you at first, but at the right time, He’ll guide you in learning His answer. He talks through other people to give us understanding. He talks through your conscience by making you aware that you should do the right thing. Sometimes we fail to recognize the Holy Spirit speaking to us in the flicker of a light bulb, goose bumps, brainstorms, a child’s smile, the words of a song … there are all kinds of ways that the Holy Spirit will and does speak to you. How did the Spirit of God speak to the people in the Bible? Through thunder, lightning, casting lots, scripture, prophets, a still small voice … open your mind to Him, allow Him in.
Psalm 16:7 (New King James Version) 7 I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel; My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
The heart is where the Holy Spirit speaks to us. It is the LORD that gives us counsel regarding the ways we should go and the ways we should act. It’s the Holy Spirit that is our Teacher, not men.
1 John 2:27 (New King James Version) 27 But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.
The Holy Spirit is your Teacher.
If we trust the Holy Spirit like a child would trust His parents to feed him, then we will find ourselves learning much more from Him than from men.
4. The Holy Spirit is ALWAYS AT YOUR SIDE. The Holy Spirit lives inside of you. Even though the Holy Spirit lives inside of you, He doesn’t belong to you … you belong to Him. He also lives outside of you. He’s everywhere and knows everything … He IS God’s Spirit.
5. There is another spirit you must know about and he is the devil the enemy of your soul.
1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour
The devil is trying to win as many souls as he can away from God. It’s true. He will do anything to try and make bad things look good to you. He wants you to think that being good and living according to the Bible, is not fun anymore. When you don’t care about being good anymore, that’s when you know the devil is winning.
Because of the Original Sin of Adam we all do bad things sometimes, so never forget that when you’re sorry for your sins, God forgives you, and your soul still belongs to God.
6. Having faith like a child is allowing God to lead us through the Holy Spirit. If you pray instead of making decisions on your own, you will find that God answers your prayers and acts according to His will. Then your heart will be instructed in the night seasons by either God speaking to your spirit or even in a dream. If we allow the Holy Spirit to direct us we will get good counsel, but if we do it ourselves then we rely on our own faulty ways.
Proverbs 3:5 (New King James Version) 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
Allow the Holy Spirit to direct you through scripture before you make decisions. The Lord will look after you. He promises if you have the faith of a child you will enter into His Kingdom. It’s time to go with your heart and be like a child in faith. Let us go back to basics in the days ahead for we grow one day at a time and being in step with Him. This goes for careers, friends, churches and all decisions.
As a Faith Child you should know deep in your heart that you are – safe, your Heavenly Father loves you and will always do what is best for you. You know your Father will protect you from all harm and guide you in the best way to go, every single time. All you have to do is hold His hand and do what He tells you to do and you would have fun along the way, whether you know where you are going or not! You do not have to get scared or hesitate down strange new streets as an adventure, with full confidence in your Father. That’s how Jesus said we should be; like a child. It’s called faith.
You are no longer your own, you have a Heavenly Father who loves and cares for you.
I am a child of God