Free Gift? Free Gift?

If I acquired all the gifts I could get for free I’d have to by a king-sized storage shed or a new house. If you listen to TV or read the newspaper you can get a cargo ship of free gifts.

Sometime you might have to buy three tires, but that fourth one is absolutely free. Sometimes the free “gift” they give away comes with a one year warranty and lifetime guarantee. With some things they advertise they’ll give you a gift free for 90 days.

Sometimes they’ll give you something “absolutely” free if you buy three cases of potted meat products. Sometimes if you order their gift and call within the next ten seconds they’ll give you a second gift absolutely free. All you have to do is pay $27 dollars shipping and handling. Buy a new car and they’ll throw in a free 16-month pet calendar as a gift. I love the ones that advertise, “And we’ll send you this beautiful multipurpose, multicolor made-in-Taiwan, 35-pocket carry-all as our gift to you just for trying our slice-o-matic free for 90 days.”

Our desperate, materialistic culture has allowed an industry of slick, Billy Mays hawkers to mushroom into a bazillion-dollar industry. Because millions of gullible consumers love to receive free gifts.

There is only one absolutely free gift in the entire universe. It’s the free gift of eternal life offered by God to all who will believe in His One And Only Son, Jesus Christ. And God’s free gift comes with an eternal guarantee.

About Steve Sawyer

God blessed me with the gift of writing. Mom told me I wrote paragraphs in second grade when others were learning to write sentences. I spent more than three decades in professional writing gigs. For the past eight years I've combined my passion for writing with my love for the Lord. He and I write a Christ-centered, family-friendly blog to glorify God Monday-thru Friday at https://stevensawyer.wordpress.com/. My wife and I have four grown children and two precious granddaughters we co-parent with their mom. I'm a Galatians 2:20 disciple of Christ seeking to allow Christ to live His life in me, through me, and as me.
This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Free Gift? Free Gift?

I’ll take the free gift from above, the world can keep its free gifts. Thanks for sharing!

2. Spend $50 in order to receive, free of charge, an item worth 50cents!

As a Roman Catholic I tried to “pay” for my sins, knowing that I couldn’t pay enough and would one day (read thousands of years) have to pay for them in purgatory.

What an amazing discovery (on receiving God’s free gift of salvation) to find that, as an adopted child of God, my sins were not only completely forgiven, but forgotten – at no cost to me. If I mentioned a previous sin to my loving heavenly Father, He would say, “My dear Child. You are mistaken. I have NO record of that!”

What an amazing Saviour!
    What an amazing Father God!

Amen and amen! Amazing is He. Thank You, Saviour and Lord.

• Steven Sawyer says:

Praise God! Thank you for those amazing words. Forgiven AND forgotten! Wow, we serve an awesome God. Thank you for your awesome testimony. You have blessed my Palm Sunday. God bless.

3. ptl2010 says:

The best Gift of all of everlasting love and mercy – our Saviour Jesus Christ.
    What a wondrous gift freely given to set us free from the bondage of sin.
    Not of works lest any man should boast. Praise the Lord.
    All equal at the feet of Jesus.

4. 4hispraise says:

And an eternal warranty… transferable to anyone at will.

5. 4hispraise says:

And the gift ? An unlimited eternal warranty… transferrable to anyone.

Steven, I have already commented on this post over at your own website, but I will just add here that I totally celebrate the vibrant way in which you point out the ludicrous marketing trends of today! Materialism, smearialism!

• Steven Sawyer says:

Granbee, thank you as always. I’m afraid it’s not getting any better. It probably won’t from what we see now.

7. isaiah43123 says:

I think a bigger question is, why have we become so gullible? Are we more gullible or are the slick hawkers becoming more discerning of their prey? I have said it in other comments… in order to see the lie, we must first know the truth.
    Keep the Faith!

• Steven Sawyer says:

Amen and Amen! “in order to see the lie, we must first know the truth.” — You are spot on with this comment.I think more and more Christians today, and all non-believers of course, are not concerned with the Truth or even know how to go about finding Truth. Thank you so much for your comments and wisdom.

• isaiah43123 says:

Thank you for the thought provoking post. “I think more and more Christians today, and all non-believers of course, are not concerned with the Truth…” I think they all want the truth as long as it is relative, making them feel good like a kitten having been stroked.
        Keep the Faith!