Written by Christian Author , Pola Muzyka
We’ve heard about this stronghold since we were children and it seemed like a blessing when we heard it. Magic! “A magical world where anything can happen.”
What exactly is magic? Magic is sold to us in the guise of a wonderful fantasy, dream, or imagination. The good in us wants to believe that magic is good. Unfortunately we overlook the fact that magic was the type of sorcery [illusion] that sorcerers used to discredit God when Moses came to Pharaoh according to God’s command.
Why has it taken such a hold on us? Why do we embrace magic so easily? The stronghold of magic is associated with witchcraft and sorcery in the bible and elsewhere. It’s a stronghold that lures us away from God and draws us deep into darkness. The prophet, Isaiah, saw what would happen to people who practiced magic in end times.
Isaiah 47:12-15 (GW) Keep practicing your spells and your evil magic. You have practiced them ever since you were young. You may succeed. You may cause terror. More…
Magic is not a blessing, it is not a miracle, it is not true power from God, it is not fantasy, dream, or imagination. The demonic stronghold of magic is a tool of witchcraft–an illusion used to deceive.
1. Recognize the difference. Imagination, miracles, blessings, visions, dreams and fantasy are used by God to advance the Kingdom and explain God to those he loves. Magic is an illusion or deception used by Satan to confuse us.
Revelation 22:14-15 14“Blessed are those who wash their robes so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15Outside are dogs, sorcerers, sexual sinners, murderers, idolaters, and all who lie in what they say and what they do.
2. Don’t participate in, or be drawn into magic–casting spells, using magic chants or other areas of magic.
Acts 19:18-19a Many also of those who were now believers came making full confession and thoroughly exposing their [former deceptive and evil] practices.And many of those who had practiced curious, magical arts collected their books and [throwing them, book after book, on the pile] burned them in the sight of everybody.
3. Don’t follow behind anyone who practices magic. Be careful who you choose as a leader.
Deuteronomy 18:14These nations you are forcing out listen to fortunetellers and to those who practice black magic. But the Lord your God won’t let you do anything like that.
4. Don’t rebel against God or the [godly] leaders he has put in your life. Don’t reject God’s word.
1 Samuel 15:23 23The sin of black magic is rebellion. Wickedness and idolatry are arrogance. Because you rejected the word of the Lord, he rejects you as king.”
5. Don’t use magic against anyone. Go to God if you feel someone has used magic against you. God is your rescuer and the stronghold of God is your shelter.
Ezekiel 13:20-21 20“ ‘This is what the Almighty Lord says: I’m against the magic charms that you use to trap people like birds. I will tear them from your arms and free the people that you have trapped. 21I will tear off your magic veils and rescue my people from your power so that they will no longer be under your control. Then you will know that I am the Lord.