Free from the Stronghold of Obesity
Written by Christian Author, Pola Muzyka
Unless we recognize that obesity is a demonic stronghold we will always think we are at fault. We blame the cause on over-eating, hormones, metabolism, age, and lack of exercise. But if we do, we could remain in bondage, to this cleaver stronghold, for the rest of our lives.
The stronghold of obesity should not be sanctioned any longer. There is some truth to gluttony, lust, sickness, and laziness as possible causes. These are demonic strongholds, too. They may or may not be connected. But they are not the only strongholds that could be connected to obesity.
How cleaver of Satan to disguise this stronghold of obesity with lies. Jesus gave, those who are his, authority over demons. Obesity should not have control over us and we shouldn’t be giving it so much attention or so much of our money.
This sickness cannot be sanctioned any longer. Hate it. Take authority over it — smash it! This is your God-given right through Jesus Christ and your first step to becoming free from this stronghold and having joy and peace in your life in Christ.
Biblical tips to overcome obesity:
1. Take authority over obesity. Don’t allow it to take root any longer.
Luke 10:19 I have given you the authority to trample snakes and scorpions and to destroy the enemy’s power. Nothing will hurt you.
Matthew 12:29 How can anyone go into a strong man’s house and steal his property? First he must tie up the strong man. Then he can go through his house and steal his property.
Matthew 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you imprison [or tie up/bind], God will imprison. And whatever you set free, God will set free.”
2. Refuse the strongholds that are attached to it. They are gluttony, sickness, lust, self-doubt, and laziness. Refuse these or any stronghold causing obesity in your life.
Ephesians 6:12 This is not a wrestling match against a human opponent. We are wrestling with rulers, authorities, the powers who govern this world of darkness, and spiritual forces that control evil in the heavenly world.
3. Don’t give obesity your time or attention any longer. Period.
Ephesians 4:27 Don’t give the devil any opportunity to work.
4. Keep actively involved with other Christians. That is not to say you should neglect your other friends or family. It is to say, “I’ve had enough of joining others in sin.”
2 Corinthians 6:14 Stop forming inappropriate relationships with unbelievers. Can right and wrong be partners? Can light have anything in common with darkness?
5. Discover the joy in your life. Be grateful. Stop acting as if you are obese and that it’s okay. Be a STRONGHOLD SMASHER, too.
James 4:7 So place yourselves under God’s authority. Resist the devil, and he will run away from you.
Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.