Free from the Stronghold of Pornography
Written by Christian writer Pola Muzyka
The media is pushing pornography on us as if it were candy. Wherever we look pornography tries to tempt us with obscene images and sexual enticement.
Sexual Intimacy is a Gift in Marriage
A blinded world, seduced by its influence, and without true understanding of God’s word, embraces flirting, obscenity, and sexual imagery without resistance. Pornography has overtaken some of God’s elect.
This demon of pornography craves a stronghold in our lives and the lives of our children. It invites lust, addiction, defiance, rebellion, and other demons as its partners.
Together these demonic enticers can reign havoc on every area–our marriage, our family, our ministry, our hope, our finances–in short, our entire future is at risk if we allow this demon in.
Make no mistake, giving in to pornography can and will destroy if it’s given a stronghold. God gave us sex as a gift for His glory and our joy. Not to be distorted and used as a tool for the enemy.
But how can we avoid this demon? It seems to have taken over the world. We are always battling and trying to resist its temptation. What more can we do?
Intimacy in Marriage is a Gift for Life
5 Biblical ways to win over Pornography:
1. Grab an accountability partner quickly. Listen, share stories, and be there for them as well.
Romans 15:2 We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.
2. Shut off every entrance in your heart and your life NOW. Demand quality media glorifying to God. Good wholesome programming, media, books, and so forth will keep your goal of resistance in tact and send a message.
2 Peter 2:18 They arrogantly use nonsense to seduce people by appealing to their sexual desires, especially to sexual freedom. They seduce people who have just escaped from those who live in error.
3. Resist temptation vehamently. Speak up, The only way for pornographic influence to succeed is through our finances. Stop buying products that are meant to illicit a sexual or lustful response. If producers of pornographic media are failing financially, they won’t continue to produce it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There isn’t any temptation that you have experienced which is unusual for humans. God, who faithfully keeps his promises, will not allow you to be tempted beyond your power to resist. But when you are tempted, he will also give you the ability to endure the temptation as your way of escape.
4. Do not give the stronghold of pornography more time than it deserves. Do not fear this stronghold. It has no hold over you when you place God, others, and even yourself above it.
1 Peter 5:8-9 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sistersall over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.
5. Learn and teach others [particularly your children] about the joy of true love, and sexual purity in marriage. Worldly decadence can never compare and can only lead to death.
Psalm 51:13 Then I will teach your ways to those who are rebellious, and sinners will return to you.