Free from the Stronghold of Blasphemy
Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
A person who speaks blasphemy either ignores God entirely or attempts to declare a position over God. Profanity, sacrilege, and impiety can become a natural part of his life. He flatters and speaks words he thinks you want to hear, but his words are deceptive. His throat becomes an open grave. His own actions will declare his end.
If blasphemy against the Holy Spirit happens in words or actions, it never will be forgiven. God cannot go against his own word. Jesus Christ declared: “Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy (every evil, abusive, injurious speaking, or indignity against sacred things) can be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the [Holy] Spirit shall not and cannot be forgiven.” Matthew 12:31
The next time you are tempted to think or say anything against the power that works through Jesus Christ and his chosen ones, think again. Our life on earth is short.
Blasphemy can be forgiven. But never if it becomes a stronghold that sets itself up against the works of the Holy Spirit.
1. Put all thoughts of evil, or of doing evil, out of your life. Let your choices be committed to the Lord. We may not be able to control the input we get. But we can filter and control how we receive this input and whether or not we allow evil input to take root in our lives.
Matthew 12:34 You offspring of vipers! How can you speak good things when you are evil (wicked)? For out of the fullness (the overflow, the superabundance) of the heart the mouth speaks.
Proverbs 16:3 Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.
2. Control your tongue. One blaspheme, swear, or profane word, on another can swiftly lead to the ultimate blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
Psalm 49:3 My mouth shall speak wisdom; and the meditation of my heart shall be understanding.
Mark 3:22 [The scribes committed blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit ] And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, “He [Christ] is possessed by Beelzebul,” and “by the prince of demons he casts out the demons.”
3. Put your trust in Jesus Christ and the redemption he has provided to cleanse your sins. A true Christian can never commit the ultimate blasphemy [sin] against God’s Holy Spirit.
Romans 10:10 For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation.
Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my [firm, impenetrable] Rock and my Redeemer.
4. Be aware of the deception in thinking you have received Christ, but continue to speak contrary to Christ [His Word] and his will. If you catch yourself speaking against the Word of God repent, turn, re-establish your relationship with God, and stay close to the vine.
Matthew 15:8 These people draw near Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts hold off and are far away from Me.
John 1:1 IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ( Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.
John 15:5 I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.
5. Ask God to help you control your words and thoughts. Don’t allow flowery speech to cover up evil thoughts. Evil thoughts should never stay long enough to become evil actions. Loving words must always be true and sincere.
Ecclesiastes 5:2 Be not rash with your mouth, and let not your heart be hasty to utter a word before God. For God is in heaven, and you are on earth; therefore let your words be few.
Psalm 55:21 The words of his mouth were smoother than cream or butter, but war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords.
1 John 3:18 Dear children, we must show love through actions that are sincere, not through empty words.
Added Notes :Free from the Stronghold of Blasphemy When blasphemy becomes a stronghold it is next to impossible to prevent the blasphemer from words spoken or actions taken against the Holy Spirit. That is, against the Spirit of God that worked through Jesus Christ to perform miracles, signs, and wonders.