Free from the Stronghold of Discord
Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
Probably the single most prevalent cause of conflict is discord. When we don’t agree and are passionately attached to what we believe without considering the truth of God or His word, there will always be discord.
When stubbornness, selfishness, denial, self-righteousness, twisting of the Word, control, greed, lust, and other strongholds infiltrate our thoughts, a stronghold of discord is planted that can cause death and destruction.
Discord enters into our hearts if we refuse discernment and exclude God when a new challenge enters our lives. Moral conflict, low morals or low self esteem, increases sensitivity and increased sensitivity can inflict discord. When we have moral conflict we have no true peace. We turn to addictions, control, greed, self-righteousness, and lust [to placate our God given desire for peace and moral justice] in order to insure survival.
Discord is always against God’s Word. Its prime objective is to create disharmony. When God’s will is eliminated, discord grows stronger. A superficial attempt at harmony without God’s will quickly ends all peace and moral justice. The resultant immorality not only invites discord and disharmony but it is the catalyst that leads to death and destruction.
Francesco di Giorgio Martini – Allegory of Discord
1. Have faith in Jesus Christ to guide and lead you in all you do and in all righteousness. Don’t accept any substitute. John 1:1-14
Galatians 3:23-25 Now before the faith came, we were perpetually guarded under the Law, kept in custody in preparation for the faith that was destined to be revealed (unveiled, disclosed), 24So that the Law served [to us Jews] as our trainer [our guardian, our guide to Christ, to lead us] until Christ [came], that we might be justified (declared righteous, put in right standing with God) by and through faith. 25But now that the faith has come, we are no longer under a trainer (the guardian of our childhood).
1a. Beware of false witnesses. They breed contempt and discord and can separate whole families and groups from God.
Proverbs 6:16 These six things the Lord hates, indeed, seven are an abomination to Him:
Proverbs 6:19 A false witness who breathes out lies [even under oath], and he who sows discord among his brethren.
2. If you disagree with anything in the world, check it out with the word of God. Do your research well. There are many cults, philosophies, and theologies that discredit God’s word and His Will. Be cautious.
Romans 16:17-18 One final word of counsel, friends. Keep a sharp eye out for those who take bits and pieces of the teaching that you learned and then use them to make trouble. Give these people a wide berth. They have no intention of living for our Master Christ. They’re only in this for what they can get out of it, and aren’t above using pious sweet talk to dupe unsuspecting innocents.
3. Lead with love. Live in peace. If you lead your thoughts and actions with love you will never have conflict from the inside. Conflict coming to you from the outside will have no permanent effect on your walk with God or your peace.
2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell (rejoice)! Be strengthened (perfected, completed, made what you ought to be); be encouraged and consoled and comforted; be of the same [agreeable] mind one with another; live in peace, and [then] the God of love [Who is the Source of affection, goodwill, love, and benevolence toward men] and the Author and Promoter of peace will be with you.
4. Spend quiet time with God daily. A few minutes here and there throughout the day in prayer and meditation with God and his word can quiet the most prevalent discord trying to attach to you.
Luke 18:1 ALSO [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up).
Psalm 46:10 Let be and be still, and know (recognize and understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!
5. Seek help from others who have the peace of God that surpasses all understanding. When the disciples were conflicted or in turmoil they immediately ran to Jesus who is the word, the truth, and the life.
Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Proverbs 12:26 One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.