Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
Disease is accepted and even expected these days. The drug and medical industries take billions of dollars each year from hard working people just to keep us from disease and more billions to get us well after disease has entered our lives.
Are we working just to stay alive? Has sickness become a stronghold in our lives that we can’t avoid?
New research and drugs claim to have the answer. But the cure may actually kill us. Yes, that’s right. The cure will kill us if it conflicts with our blood chemistry, is taken in the wrong dosage, or taken without considering other aspects of our physical, spiritual, or emotional health.
Have you thought recently about your lifestyle in line with the word of God? A life without considering God can cause early death no matter what we do to try to extend our lives. In other words, if we fail to consider God in our lives and our futures, and if we live a life of sin, we will probably die earlier than we might have–we will certainly die in our sins if we don’t repent and receive Christ.
When we build a wall [stronghold] between us and God, we put up barriers to God’s intervention and healing. His blessings in our lives for our well being cannot get past the wall unless we first humble ourselves to God and receive Christ Jesus. Then seek to eliminate the seeds of sin such as gossip, jealousy, hate, worry, backbiting, and so forth.
Not every sickness may be caused by sin in the life of a believer. But disease seems a never ending battle–sin is at the root of this battle somewhere. What can be done to keep our bodies virtually free from disease and prevent us from passing disease to others? The answer may lie in our faith and closeness to God. It may lie in ridding ourselves of a stronghold we harbor. Hebrews 4:16
1. Don’t twist the word. Have faith. There are no contradictions in the word of God. Nor are there any mistakes. The more you learn, the more you realize that it’s all connected and all written for a specific purpose of God’s love for us.
Romans 10:17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
1b. Don’t allow the word to be twisted for you. Sometimes the same event is written differently, but that has to do with a different point of view angle and does not discredit the other point of view.
Jeremiah 23:36 They should never again say, ‘This is the Lord’s revelation,’ because each person’s word becomes the revelation. They will twist the words of the living God, the Lord of Armies, our God.
2. Do not align yourself with a religion that deviates from the Word. If you are involved in a false religion, no matter how popular it is, or how much you have been sucked into believing it, get out now. If it goes against the word and has to be interpreted for you by someone else or some literature, it’s not from God.
Amos 8:11 Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord God, when I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but [a famine] for hearing the words of the Lord.
John 14:26 But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.
3. Listen to what God says about disease. He is not a man that he should lie. If he said it, believe it. Keep a check on your thoughts and emotions and be grateful.
Isaiah 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.
Psalm 103:2-4 Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits–3Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases,4Who redeems your life from the pit and corruption, Who beautifies, dignifies, and crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercy;
4. Stop listening to the world. Commercials, gossip, fear mongers and sensationalists will plant a seed of doubt for healing and even plant the seed that leads to disease in your mind. Block this out fervently. Do not own disease. It does not belong to you so don’t call it ‘MY___”.
John 5:14 Later, Jesus met the man in the temple courtyard and told him, “You’re well now. Stop sinning so that something worse doesn’t happen to you.”
Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].
5. Pray a prayer of faith. Do not let doubt or sinful thoughts enter into in as you are praying or afterward. Meaningful doctors, medical people and naysayers, unbelievers, will have you believing for a disease instead of believing God.
James 5:15-16 (Prayers offered in faith will save those who are sick, and the Lord will cure them.) If you have sinned, you will be forgiven. So admit your sins to each other, and pray for each other so that you will be healed. Prayers offered by those who have God’s approval are effective.