Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
There are thousands of strongholds that could hold us back and prevent us from overcoming and experiencing the fullness of life that God intends for us to have.
We’ve been exploring many of the strongholds that have attacked our thoughts, and emotions and have influenced our actions or reactions–keeping us from God’s best. We know that strongholds of denial, unforgiveness, and the resultant bitterness or resentment keep us from conquering other strongholds. We know that without Christ we are spiritually blind.
Now, it’s time for us to see and overcome whatever separates us from the joy, peace, love, goodness, mercy, grace, patience, faithfulness, self-control, and kindness that is the mark of a follower of Christ Jesus. We see that the world and all it has to offer is nothing if we are not at peace, or if we have no true joy.
Take for example the rich man who loses everything. Or the happily married couple who loses a child, or who have allowed temptation or the pursuit of riches to destroy the closeness they once had. If we rely on anything except God to fulfill us, our lives can be totally shattered by loss or sin.
Unless we have the completeness that comes from a deep relationship with Jesus Christ, we fail to overcome and experience the abundance of life everlasting.
1. Release all fears and concerns to God. He will see you through any difficulty, hardship, fear, or anything that stands in the way from achieving success in the fruit of the spirit.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.
2. Never do anything out of selfish ambition. Always consider God in all you do. Always consider his will and take his guidance. Consider others in your life.
James 3:16 For wherever there is jealousy (envy) and contention (rivalry and selfish ambition), there will also be confusion (unrest, disharmony, rebellion) and all sorts of evil and vile practices.
3. Stand your ground. If trouble comes, remember the promise in Christ. Light always overcomes darkness. There are no circumstances where dark [evil] can put true light [Christ’s love] out.
John 12:35 So Jesus said to them, You will have the Light only a little while longer. Walk while you have the Light [keep on living by it], so that darkness may not overtake and overcome you. He who walks about in the dark does not know where he goes [he is drifting].
4. Don’t give in to evil temptation. As long as you stay close to the vine you will overcome anything the enemy tosses your way.
Romans 12:21 Do not let yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome (master) evil with good.
John 15:5 I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.
5. Sing praises and thank God every day and in every prayer. The enemy of your joy, peace, and love, fears your closeness to God.
John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]