By Christian author, Pola Muzyka
We have a tendency to harbor strongholds in our lives that can eventually destroy us if they are not destroyed first. Many of these strongholds are a type of religion to us. A religious cult is a demonic stronghold. It distorts the Word of God.
Sleep deprivation is a method used by some cults to indoctrinate.
In order to successfully imprison us these strongholds promise peace, happiness, prosperity, power, and more. But this promise comes with a price. The price is control — the control they [the strongholds] have over us separates us from God.
Make no mistake. If the stimulus for your Modus operandi is teaching you that there is another name [or thing] whereby you can be saved, then that stimulus or Modus operandi is a stronghold that is setting itself up against God. Why? Control.
The only way an enemy can defeat you is by controlling your thoughts, your actions, your words, your intellectual input, and your deeds.
- If you’re involved with a stronghold that does not allow you to read the word of God [or without supplemental pamphlets, brochures, or other books], then you most likely are in a cult.
John 10:10 10The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
2. Trust the Word of God. There is no other name by which man can be saved.
Acts 4:11-12 11This [Jesus] is the Stone which was despised and rejected by you, the builders, but which has become the Head of the corner [the Cornerstone]. 12And there is salvation in and through no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by and in which we must be saved.
3. Allow God to guide you. Check yourself. Are you involved with anything that imprisons you [especially against your will]? More than likely it is not from God.
John 8:35-36 35A slave doesn’t live in the home forever, but a son does. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be absolutely free.
Psalms 146:7 7He brings about justice for those who are oppressed. He gives food to those who are hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free.
Colossians 1:13-14God rescued us from dead-end alleys and dark dungeons. He’s set us up in the kingdom of the Son he loves so much, the Son who got us out of the pit we were in, got rid of the sins we were doomed to keep repeating.
4. Rest in Him. There is nothing more you can do. It has already been done for you at the cross. You can’t make it better. Anything you do, you should do out of love and not as payment or coercion, or to add anything to what God has already provided.
John 19:29-30A jug of sour wine was standing by. Someone put a sponge soaked with the wine on a javelin and lifted it to his mouth. After he took the wine, Jesus said, “It’s done . . . complete.” Bowing his head, he offered up his spirit.
5. Have faith. If you have accepted Christ, God will bring you through all trials with the best outcome.
Romans 8:28 28We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God—those whom he has called according to his plan.