Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
Irrationality combines lack of wisdom with disobedience to God as it moves forward in the life of a host. When irrationality takes a foothold, it tries to justify its existence by coercing the host into make decisions abruptly because the decisions feel right at the time. There is no consideration in these feelings for God’s will.
Feelings without godly thinking and guidance have no internal or external compatibility with the Creator and therefore a stronghold of irrationality leads the host or anything or anyone the host has control over on a path to doom and destruction.
The host of irrationality will feel with abandonment, think without filtering its thoughts, and act without reason. This emotional stronghold will cause chaos in the life of the host and almost always in the life of whomever or whatever is in its way.
As long as the Creator of the universe and everything in it is considered, He will make a way where there seems to be no way; but a denial of God and refusal to follow his will creates havoc because of the irrational thinking that supersedes any works done by the host of irrationality.
1. Submit to God’s righteousness. When we submit to God and his righteousness, we see clearly and can easily acknowledge the oneness to God that is in Christ Jesus. The trouble comes when we feel we have submitted but have not really acknowledged God in all we do.
Romans 10:2-4 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
2. Do nothing by feelings and instinct. That gut feeling that everyone is talking about is a worldly feeling. It is a feeling that comes on us as a result of experience and/or things we have learned including whatever we watch in movies, TV, and so forth. If it does not line up with the word of God it is unfounded instinct and not truth. Sometimes we need to step outside our comfort zones to experience the blessings of God or to follow his will.
Jude 1:10 Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct—as irrational animals do—will destroy them.
3. Consult God and his word in whatever you do. When you prepare properly according to the word of God and the will of God, you will gain the wisdom of God and resultant blessings.
Jeremiah 10:21 For the shepherds [of the people] have become like brutes, irrational and stupid, and have not sought the Lord or inquired of Him or required Him [by necessity and by right of His word]. Therefore they have not dealt prudently and have not prospered, and all their flocks are scattered.
4. Be wary of anyone who blasphemes or curses the knowledge of God, his word, or his will.
2 Peter 2:12 But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed, blaspheming about matters of which they are ignorant, will also be destroyed in their destruction,
5. Get wisdom, its the principle thing. Wisdom from above trumps irrationality and will guide you to being rational in all ways.
Proverbs 4:7 The beginning of Wisdom is: get Wisdom (skillful and godly Wisdom)! [For skillful and godly Wisdom is the principal thing.] And with all you have gotten, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation).