Not many people will admit that it is easier to run away and hide than to face seemingly insurmountable problems. Some people go AWOL or find temporary relief from the bottle or drugs, and find subsequently, it does not pay to do so. Somehow society finds it hard to forgive those who abscond their responsibilities with often tough punishment for dereliction of duty.
It is not always an option to run away and hide, for repercussions may not only affect the one on the spot, but families, loved ones and even enemies which may bring more or added problems to a head.
“It never rains but pours ” is a truism we do not relish, unless we are in a dry state and the water of life is scarce, threatening the crops you have been trying to sustain in a long drought.
As a Faith Child what do you do when you feel you are in a “fix” as a result of natural consequence for example a “death sentence” with diagnosis of cancer, or really the result of someone fixing you and making trouble for you, for example, a business competitor who has stolen your best marketing plan after you had paid for the market research, spent a lot of money and time to be outdone, by him?
You pray and turn to the Word of God and let it speak to you. Find out God’s will for your life. Then get advice from someone you trust, like your pastor, or spouse, or benefactor, or close friend or family member for affirmation. Remember if you hide no one can help you. You must reach out for help from others, support from others, prayer support. It is easier for the enemy to attack you on your own without support and he loves it. Deny him that and get into fellowship with brothers and sisters whom the Lord has placed you with, and bear you one another’s burden. It will not be so lonely and depressing for you to get over your challenge. Do it today.
Jonah was a run-away who landed up in hot soup, and brought his shipmates along too . They had to throw him overboard before they had peace and calm. His runaway status was temporary as he was made to face the call of God to carry out the difficult task of pronouncing impending judgement if they did not repent. He had to learn a bitter lesson – do not run away and hide for that is not a solution to any problem or challenge, for it brings more trouble and you cannot blame anyone for your making the wrong decision to run – you will still have to find a resolution in the end.
Do you feel like running away because of
1. Sins you have committed – Come now, let us reason together,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.- Isaiah 1:18 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
2. Fears of the worst that can happen – 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.- 2 Timothy 1:7
3. Fear of people – The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Hebrews 13:6
4. Fear of the future , cold feet – Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food and the body more than clothes. Luke 12:22-23. Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22
5. Fear of financial ruin – And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. Matthew 6:28-29 So do not worry, saying “What shall we eat?” or “What shall we drink?” or ‘What shall we wear?” For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. Matthew 6:31-32
6. Fear of death – Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:25-26 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 1 Corinthians 15:55 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.Philippians 1:21
7. Fear of abuse – When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:19 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34. ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:3
8. Fear of the devil –
a. No weapon formed against us shall prosper. Isaiah 54:17 “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.“
b. We are more than conquerors. Romans 8:37 “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.“
c. God always causes us to triumph. II Corinthians 2:14 “Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.“
d. The Spirit will raise a standard against the enemy. Isaiah 59:19 “So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.“
e. We are to submit ourselves to God and resist the enemy. James 4:7 “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.“
9. Tired of living – I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD. Psalm 118:17 For You have rescued my soul from death, My eyes from tears, My feet from stumbling.Psalm 116:8 I shall walk before the LORD In the land of the living.Psalm 116:9 Are You not from everlasting, O LORD, my God, my Holy One? We will not die. You, O LORD, have appointed them to judge; And You, O Rock, have established them to correct.Habakkuk 1:12 You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.Psalm 18:28
The Lord rescue you from running away, and help you face up like His Faith Child
Do not be afraid I go before you always by John Michael Talbot
Rescue by Don Moen