When the Word of God calls Christ the Lamb, it is teaching us many different truths about Christ. Let’s take our time and study what the Bible teaches us when it calls Jesus the Lamb.
John 1:29 (KJV)
29) The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
John 1:35-36 (KJV)
35) Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;
36) And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!
Acts 8:26-35 (KJV)
26) And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert…
32) The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33) In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
34) And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35) Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
1Pet 1:13-21 (KJV)
13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;…
18) Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;
19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20) Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21) Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
Rev 5:6-14 (KJV)
6) And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth…
12) Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
13) And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, [be] unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
14) And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four [and] twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
1) And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
Rev 6:16-17 (KJV)
16) And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17) For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Rev 7:9-17 (KJV)
9) After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10) And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb…
17) For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Rev 12:11 (KJV)
11) And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Rev 13:8 (KJV)
8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
1) And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.
2) And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3) And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4) These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb…
12) Here is the patience of the saints: here [are] they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Rev 15:3-4 (KJV)
3) And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous [are] thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints.
4) Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for [thou] only [art] holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.
Rev 17:14 (KJV)
14) These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him [are] called, and chosen, and faithful.
Rev 19:7-9 (KJV)
7) Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8) And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9) And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed [are] they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
Rev 21:9-27 (KJV)
9) And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife…
27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither [whatsoever] worketh abomination, or [maketh] a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
1) And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2) In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.
3) And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
4) And they shall see his face; and his name [shall be] in their foreheads.
5) And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
1. John 1:35-36 – He is the Lamb of God– He is sent by, and shares Deity with, the Father
1.A.Rev 6:1 – In control of future world events
B.Rev 6:16-17 – Delivers the wrath of God
C.Rev 14:1-5 – The redeemed are firstfruits dedicated to God and Lamb
D.Rev 14:6-12 – Lamb oversees judgment of Lost
E.Rev 15:3-4 – Song of Praise sung to both Father and Lamb
F.Rev 17:14 – He overcomes wicked because He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords
G.Rev 21:9-26 – He possesses an eternal city where He dwells with His people.
H.Rev 22:1 – He shares throne with Father
2.John 1:29 – He is the Lamb of God – He takes away the sin of the world through His sacrifice.
A.Acts 8:26-35 – He gave His life on the cross, willingly, innocently like a Lamb to the slaughter.
B.1 Peter 1:13-21 – His blood was shed like a sacrificed Lamb that was without blemish or spot.
C.Rev 5:6-14 – His shed blood redeemed men from every kindred, tongue, people, nation. Made them Kings and Priests and will reign.
D.Rev 7:9-17 – His blood saves and secures eternal future with God.
E.Rev 12:11 – His blood gives victory to followers over world, sin and death
F.Rev 13:8, 21:27 – Lamb slain basis of spiritual life that is given to those in Book of Life
G.Rev 19:7-9 – Has an intimate love relation with His people based upon His righteousness given to the saints.
For those who are saved …
Christ, the Lamb of God, has sent the perfect example of self-sacrifice for us to follow. After realizing all He has done for us by giving Himself on the cross to pay for our sins, should we not be willing to sacrifice ourselves for Him.
For those who have yet to be saved…
When we realize what Christ, the Lamb of God, has done to make possible the forgiveness of sin; should we not turn to Him by faith, trusting in His work to save us from our sins and secure our eternity with Him.