It happens at the beginning of most years when the “Me” phenomena is top priority and takes precedence.
O LORD, I HAVE MADE my PLANS
I have made my plans – my MBO’s (from Management by Objectives) – for the new year. (Yes! I think I have prayed about it.)
I have scheduled stages through the year on how to implement my MBO’s (in my wisdom perhaps lacking discernment for I cannot see the future like He can)
I have plans to get the resources to accomplish them. (forgetting I am in communities, networks and O so dependent on others)
I know I will do well (egoistically with the Lord’s help this year).
I forgot that I need my plans to be according to God’s will, plan and time and though I have sought Him, I had not heard His voice (only mine – did I forget to listen in my busyness?) .
I forgot that the Lord’s will requires me to work in community with people and through to people (I an not an island at home, office, community, church)
I forgot that the Lord’s plans include me touching lives and bringing them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ (I have been obsessed with accomplishing my MBO’s and accumulating the things of this world many of which I do not need or should share)
I forgot that the Lord can provide for all my needs and other’s needs too, not only mine (I need not worry but trust in Him while doing my best – He is Jehovah Jireh our provider and His grace is sufficient for me and to share with those in need as He directs)
I forgot that there are many people who will cross my path who need the Lord, encouragement to go on, and support on life’s way – these are appointments of AHA (life-changing) moments – THE LORD LOVES ME , HE DIED FOR ME! I AM NOT ALONE, HE IS EMMANUEL!, THERE IS NOTHING TOO HARD FOR JEHOVAH JIREH! )
PLEASE LORD FORGIVE ME FOR
– my selfishness, self-centredness for it has been “I”, “Me”, ‘My” till now
– my not acknowledging your will, plans and provisions as top priority for me and others
– I forgot about others you love, have plans and provisions to whom I am to be your channel of blessing
– I forgot that I must confess, repent and awaken to the fact that People need the Lord and if I do not fulfil your commission to me to serve them with Your love, I have not pleased you, my Lord.
PLEASE OPEN MY EYES THAT I MAY SEE GLIMPSES OF TRUTH YOU HAVE FOR ME
– Remind me who are the people who need the Lord – the rich, the poor, the young, the old whatever their calling, color and culture, the sick, the healthy, the talented and those not so gifted, the lovely, the unlovely, the aggressive and the meek – which is which Lord, give me discernment to serve, teach, discipline and teach by example,
– I am your representative to a sin-sick, lost humanity for whom You left heaven’s glory to be a ransom for and it is my reasonable daily duty
– my life, words and walk must be consistent with loving You as I am to be light and salt in the world
– I may have doubts, unbelief and unwillingness to obey – but You will reward Trust and Obedience and I must believe that all things are possible with You
– This is all I can do – to trust, obey and walk in Your will and way.
PLEASE HELP ME LORD. LEAD ME TO SOME SOUL TODAY IN JESUS’ LOVE. Amen.
Let us Listen as Steve Green sings
PEOPLE NEED THE LORD
GOD AND GOD ALONE
Let everything that lives
Reserve its truest praise
For God and God alone!
Response: What are we doing to increase the number of lives who will turn to Jesus Christ as Saviour and praise Him who is worthy of all praise?