It is only the Faith Child who has the peace of God that passes all understanding when there should be turmoil in the heart
- at the passing of another child of God, or loved one
- when faced with calamity like floods, earthquakes, tsunamis
- in accidents be they airplane crash, motor accidents or home fires, wreaking havoc in the lives of victims
- unexpected separations e.g. in war and refugee status, during a racial riot in Singapore
- when there is no where else to turn to, when we have seemingly faltered and failed in life to live in respect and brought shame to ourselves and Him, and have repented for what wrongs we have committed – what a wonderful thing to have a clean heart!
Peace is available only because we know Who is in control, Who is working in our behalf for our good in everything, has His plans and timing for everything concerning us.
Horatio G Spafford knew this when he wrote “It is well with my soul.”
- When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well, it is well, with my soul.Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, Let this blest assurance control, That Christ has regarded my helpless estate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
- Refrain: It is well, with my soul, It is well, it is well, with my soul.
- My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! My sin, not in part but the whole, Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
- For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live: If Jordan above me shall roll, No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
- But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait, The sky, not the grave, is our goal; Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord! Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
- And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight, The clouds be rolled back as a scroll; The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend, Even so, it is well with my soul.
I can testify that I had the peace of God
- When my mother passed to glory nearly 30 years ago – with the knowledge that she had entered glory of her own desire because of sickness, she was in her heavenly Father’s presence, there was no more sorrow or pain, we shall meet again some day – Praise the Lord
- When I was alone and was nearly caught after a chase by a mugger in New York city on the first day of my visit, many years ago as dusk settled. I was a stranger in a foreign land, who had lost my way to the hotel I was temporarily staying at. I knew God was with me and even as He was my Refuge and Strength, He kept me ahead of the mugger and showed me the way to the hotel at the nick of time. Praise the Lord.
- When I was alone with a chauffeur driver who was to ta ke me to Florham Park from JFK airport within two hours but who took 10 hours because he thought that Floral Park was my destination. Thank God the driver proved to be an honest and honorable man and found his direction from a group of teenagers who were high on drugs at a cemetery. It was a weird trip but the Lord was with me.
- When I travelled to Istanbul which was under martial law some years ago, and I was not allowed entry at gunpoint to the airport, after disembarking the plane from Singapore to Istanbul. Thank God there was another arriving passenger who help call the representative of my inbound airline to help me after one hour of waiting. His Presence was with me, gave me wisdom and protected me. Glory to His Name.
- When I travelled from Istanbul to Cyprus for business purpose, a soldier on the short plane trip, kept my passport and would not return it to me the whole duration of the trip, it was evident with evil intention on landing. God sent an angel in the form of an Englishman who sat next to me; he retrieved my passport from the soldier as the plane landed in Cyprus. Praise the Lord, He keeps His word and He sends His angels to protect us.
- There were so many other frightening experiences e.g. in haunted hotel rooms when the Name and Blood of Jesus and the Presence of the Holy Spirit drove out all that was unclean and I could rest in the Lord during those nights,
- when there was a flood in Thailand and all roads en route to the airport had rising waters. Thank God for His protection of our limousine and we were not swept away.
- When sickness laid me low even in foreign lands – He is the Great Physician to me. Hallelujah!
Praise the Lord as I approach my seventh decade , I
– have experienced His peace which passes all understanding,
– feel His peace now whatever betide,
– and will have peace at the end of my journey on this earth and into life everlasting in heaven if I remain faithful to Him.
If Jesus is your Savior and Lord, I pray you experience His peace all your life Ihrough. Take Him at His Word.
If you have not accepted Jesus as your personal Saviour and Lord, I know you are missing out on His blessed peace. If you want to experience Jesus’ peace that I testify of, please contact me at Christianblessings10@gmail.com that I may lead you to Christ and pray with you.
Praise to my Wonderful Lord. He does what He says according to His Wonderful Word.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.