HE LIFTS US UP–FEAR, PTSD, and the Abused Woman (Part 1) (2 Tim. 1:7)

FEAR!!
Have you ever lived with fear? Real fear! The fear that makes your heart race, your hands shake, and makes you want to run and hide. The fear where you are constantly looking over your shoulder. The fear where your eyes search across parking lots looking for certain vehicles before you stop. The fear that even a phone ringing with a certain number on caller ID will send you into a panic. Panic! That’s the name. A fear so intense that a panic response is triggered by something that most people would not even think about…Followed by uncontrolled periods of crying…

PTSD%20occur

Most people have not experienced this feeling.. it’s a feeling of being out of control of your own body’s responses. Many would not even give something a second thought, but an abuse victim knows. They may see something moved outside where they knew they didn’t put it or something at their door for no explained reason. But they know…they know that their abuser has been watching, waiting, and lurking outside their homes.

Crazy? Some people may think so and sometimes the victims thinks so too. But this is the response resulting after abuses, after death threats, and all the traumas that the victim has endured. Some therapist call it “post-traumatic stress disorder”. Some may call them depressed. However, the victim knows! She has seen him lose control and attack her and she avoids it at all cost. Her responses are totally involuntary..its a fear that triggers a panic response. In fact, statistics show that more women suffer from PTSD from abuse, than the soldiers fighting in a war. I know how consuming this fear is. I lived with it. I can also tell you that God heals and He delivers from evil. I can also tell you that God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. (2 Tim.1:7) I thank God for healing me and He wants to heal many more… Reach for Him!

Prayer: Lord, You have not given us a spirit of fear…but of power, love and a sound mind. I pray that you reveal this to Your children. Heal them and deliver them from the fears and evils of their past , filling them with new joy and hope for their futures … in Jesus’ name. Amen.

by Secret Angel of Secret Angel Ministry and The Abuse Expose’ with Secret Angel

Advertisements
This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY, CHRISTIAN TAGALOG BLOGS, CHRISTIAN TEENS BLOGS, HE LIFTS US UP, SHARING STRUGGLES , Shaping Spiritual Solutions! and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to HE LIFTS US UP–FEAR, PTSD, and the Abused Woman (Part 1) (2 Tim. 1:7)

1. You know my fears. Yes PTSD is real and inexplicable. I wish I could seize it from existence and none would know this fear. It’s more than fear, it’s pure terror, inexplicable gut wrenching terror. The kind of terror you just run, you don’t care you just run.

I’ve dealt with some of my PTSD at times by doing just that. More than once Sarah ahs driven miles to pick me up because I run until I can’t run and I fall helpless to the ground. Even then I want to run. Things are improving for me as you already know. But your reads should know the fear is very real. It feels like someone drove a hot poker into my head I just have to escape. If I stay it hurts more, burning, pain deep from within. Darkened visions and the world just doesn’t make sense.

My fear because of my past is men. Strange men make we want to flee for my life, like my life actually depends on me getting as far away as possible. It is hard to put into words that others would know and understand.

/major hugs to my friend (my own secret angel) who by doing the work of god has gotten at least one wayward child to wander back to her father.

God blesses you and I pray you never stop following because you make a difference my friend.

• secretangel says:

Thank you so much Michelle… However, I can take no credit because it is all God. He knows who is ready to hear and He opens the eyes of those He is calling… and He is calling you my friend. The trials and tribulations that you have been through will be used for His Glory. I am so glad that you added more about PTSD. I know that many do not understand how something so insignificant to them can be a major TRIGGER to some else. However, I pray that no one ever suffers abuse again and that God will bring healing and restoration to all victims as He leads them to overcoming their past.. Keep praising God Michelle because you are on the path to overcoming!!!.

2. omtatjuan says:

I really liked the prayer!

3. Donna says:

I have lived in this fear….very real. Never understood it. I lived it and then my eyes were wide open. I wish I knew how to save the world from it. Romans 8:28 (don’t let this take you down, but let God use it, yes even the bad He can use for good through you).

4. secretangel says:

Reblogged this on The Abuse Expose' with Secret Angel and commented:

This fear and PTSD is so misunderstood by many… but it is very real!

Lord, please heal all victims of the wounds of the abuses of this world. Let all see the Light to lead them out of their darkness….

5. Pingback: HE LIFTS US UP– FEAR NO MORE (Part 3 of Fear) (Isaiah 41:10 NKJV) | ChristianBlessings

6. Steven Sawyer says:

You are brave and supernaturally courageous. Praise God for your trust in Him and praise God that you are reaching out to help other abuse victims find their rest and peace in Jesus. God bless you.

• Thank you so much for your encouragement, but I take no credit… for my life is now in His. God told me to write my story and guided me through my book with Divine inspiration for I never wanted to speak out. Like millions of others, our abusive pasts get tucked away where no one knows. But,He told me to write and I did as I walk in obedience to the One who rescued me. He wants to rescue many more and that is why the majority of the proceeds of my book, The Walking Wounded, is pledged to go to help abuse victims, with plans for safe houses and transformational houses. I pray that millions of books will be sold so many, many Secret Angel Safe Houses across the land will be built where the love of God can be shown to those broken by abuse. Thank you for your support and God bless you too….

• Steven Sawyer says:

I have a project I am praying about that I’d like you and your story to be a part of. Can’t spell out all the details now, because I don’t have them. I’m still in praying mode. But the project may help reach many more women like you and others I know. Please pray for me. I’ll share more details later.

• Sounds great… I have learned over the last few years to just follow the “bread crumbs” that God gives me as I walk in obedience to what He wants me to do…for only He knows the completed picture of His plans.. I will be praying for you and your project. Please let me know how I can assist you. Blessings!!!

• Steven Sawyer says:

Thank you, I’ll be in touch, possibly this next week.
        God bless.

• Steven Sawyer says:

:0)

7. Pingback: HE LIFTS US UP– Fight or Flight? it goes back to Fear (Part 2 of Fear/PTSD) | ChristianBlessings

8. ptl2010 says:

Jesus is greater than all your fears. He brings peace the world cannot understand. Choose Him in place of fear.