HE LIFTS US UP: God Causes Everything to Work for Good (Romans 8:28)

Romans 8:28 (NLT) says, “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”

I heard this scripture when my whole world fell apart. After years of being used and abused, I was so broken. I believed every lie that had been spoken to me. But I kept hearing that God would turn everything around for good. In my mind, I could not imagine that abuse, adultery, abandonment, and all the things that I had endured could end up being good. That was absolutely crazy to me…especially when Christians would tell me that one day I would be able to thank God for my abuser and everything that I had suffered through. Crazy, huh?

So, how is it possible that God could use all of that pain for my good? You see, I have come to realize over the years, that God could not have used my children and I with us trapped in that environment. I have come to understand that all that I went through that broke me down to nothingness, was the catapult that brought me and my children to the relationship that we have with The Lord now. I now realize that God used that mess that I was in to make a message to other victims. I realize that God used that test that I went through for a testimony for overcoming abuse. And yes, there are many abuses and many tests that we go through in this world, but I have learned to hold onto God through every trial and tribulation and He will help me through it… I now do believe that, “God will cause everything to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.”

message

I felt God leading me to use this video with this posting. You see, this person in this video was abused by society. She was laughed at, mocked, and held down by the criticisms of this world… But God had a plan for her and He opened the door for her in His timing… God has a plan for each of us!

This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY, CHRISTIAN TAGALOG BLOGS, CHRISTIAN TEENS BLOGS, HE LIFTS US UP, SHARING STRUGGLES , Shaping Spiritual Solutions! and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to HE LIFTS US UP: God Causes Everything to Work for Good (Romans 8:28)

1. mtsweat says:

What an encouraging word for those in the midst of like trials you share. Prayers these words find their way into the hearts of the many hurting. Great testimony of God’s ability to use what we would deem unusable, to pour His unending love into the lives of bruised reeds and smoldering wicks.

• secretangel says:

Thank you so much. I just love the Susan Boyle story as she represents many of us broken by the world… only to rise up in God’s timing. I really appreciate your encouraging support and may God bless you, my friend!!

2. foodforthespiritualsoul says:

Beautiful post, friend…

3. oqu3 says:

I was so touched by this post. To combine it with this video was inspired. I could not resist but to write a post inspired by the video. Come visit and see. Not written yet at this moment, yet within waiting to break free. Thank you. Don’t respond to this comment until you have seen the post (promise).

• secretangel says:

Wow… I love your post about Susan Boyle. My heart truly melts with tears every time I watch that video. An example of how society tries to “kill” in dream in all of us and trample our spirits. But God gave her a talent deep within, a calling that would not be destroyed, then gave her to courage to finally release it and walk in it. I pray that God gives us all the courage to walk in the calling that He has for us and to rise above the brokenness of our pasts… I love your post. Most of us have some “Susan Boyle” in us and it’s an awesome reminder to follow your dreams… Many blessings to you, my friend!

• oqu3 says:

I had commented on your post that I was inspired to create a post based on that video and post. Well the feelings were there but at first it wouldn’t gel. I then gave myself some grace (I was writing but not feeling it) after scrapping what I had written which was “talk” but no true vent of what I felt, because I cried when I saw that video. Do you know how she placed in the competition? I’d like to know. Well judging from your reaction I may have conveyed some of what I sensed within myself. Really, SA. I thank you for relaying your approval of the post. Thanks for liking my posts and visiting again, I shall return the visit.Much love;MAO

• secretangel says:

These videos tell the rest of the story… .Hope you enjoy! We should never let our dreams die… Blessings!

4. Michael S. Osborn says:

Reblogged this on Ozzie's Christian Ministry and commented:
    You never know what talent someone may have bottled up inside of them; just waiting to be let loose.

5. Michael S. Osborn says:

What a beautiful voice! 🙂

6. secretangel says:

Reblogged this on The Abuse Expose' with Secret Angel and commented:

My topic for today is Life’s Struggles… We all need to remember to hang onto God through these struggles because He can and will turn it around for good.

7. osarobohenry says:

Reblogged this on osarobohenry and commented:
    No matter how we feel about any situation that confront us, He is going to use it to uplift us to a new level so, we should be patient.

8. This is really true my friend. He is the only One who can turn trial into triumph, victim into victory, test into testimony. Blessing and more wisdom to you.

9. ptl2010 says:

In His time,when He makes it good , it is really good. Something worth waiting for, something to die for. Bless you sister in The Lord.