This morning as I was coming down from the second level of my home to my breakfast room at the ground level, I passed the open window overlooking the garden. I breathed in the fresh air and the fragrance of the orange blossom flowers which bloomed after recent showers, I heard the many birds sing, and finally I saw the bougainvillas in full b loom in a riot of colours. It reminded me that the Lord had kept His Word. It is only when I take time to appreciate them all that my heart is lifted in simple thanksgiving, void of all worldly thoughts.
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Have we been to busy to pause to take notice of the confirmation of His Word? And that is why we doubt, become cynical and worry?
Why don’t we do as He asked us to? To observe nature – His Word is being fulfilled all around us but we are smarter and ask how can it be? – we do not even see when the fulfillment of His Word appears almost right in front of our eyes because we have had no time.
– His protecting hand which spared us from evil on the way to and back from work, or while we were climbing the ladder to get something
– His provision – yes, a check came in just enough to pay the utility bill for this month, a discount from our latest invoice, a birthday voucher.
– Health, good health for the family so that there are no holes in the pocket and the need to pay for medical bills. In the reverse perhaps our medical bills have been paid for by our boss or our insurance company.
– He has given us children who want us to love them, and in return as we love them, we forget that God loves us too (all things work together for good to them that love the Lord ) and He may have a better plan for us
– He has given us a spiritual family which spans the globe, who will pray, encourage and provoke us to good works, – His beloved redeemed children
And the list could go on of have’s and have not’s which He has allowed in our lives to prove He has kept His Word, is pleased to do so and if only we will see , accept and believe.
We can believe in Him and His Word and see His miracles in our lives. Look around expectantly! When was the last time you did look?
Faith is just believing what God says He will do.
No matter what the circumstance, His promises are true.
So when your life is hard, take Him at His Word.