HE LIFTS US UP: ABUSE AWARENESS– Drug Abuse/Substance Abuse

drug abuse

I am continuing a series on the various abuses. Now, I will proceed with the next abuse:  drug abuse or substance abuse… Substance abuse leads to other abuses with violence.

Many people feel that drug abuse only includes illegal drug usage. However, drug abuse is also called substance abuse which also includes the abuse of over-the-counter medications and prescription medications, as well as substances not even meant for human consumption. Many of these things cause alterations in personality and potential for violence.

drug abuse2

According to Wikipedia, “Substance abuse or drug abuse, is a pattern of using a substance or drug in which the user consumes the substance in amounts or with methods neither approved nor advised by medical professionals. If an activity is performed using the objects against the rules and regulations of the substance (as in steroids for performance enhancement in sports), it is also called substance abuse. Therefore, mood-altering and psychoactive substances are not the only types of drugs abused. Using illicit drugs such as narcotics, stimulants, depressants or sedatives, hallucinogens, cannabis, even glues and paints, are also considered to be classified as drug/substance abuse.”

So you see, there are many drugs or substances that are used for purposes other than their intended usage. Whether or not these substances contribute to a dependency on these substances, it is still considered substance abuse. Many of the substances that are not used according to its intended purpose include glues, paints, even air fresheners. Whatever the drug or substance, it is an irresponsible use of the substance that makes it a substance abuse.
Use of these substances and other illegal drugs like narcotics may lead to criminal charges. They may also have possible physical, mental, and psychological harmful effects due to the non-tested usage of some of these substances.
Now, what amazes me is that so many people including teenagers will sniff, snort, smoke, or ingest substances that are not even made for human consumption. Every time they do this, they are taking a chance or gambling on their lives. How many young people have brain damage from just wanting “to have a little fun.” The possible detrimental effects are definitely not worth the few minutes of the “thrill” or whatever they feel that they get out of it…

Dear Lord, I pray that every person who is in bondage to some sort of drug or substance will be delivered physically, spiritually, and emotionally so that they can be made whole again. Please Lord, bring healing and restoration to all and turn their hearts to You for only You are the Key to overcoming all of these problems… in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

This entry was posted in A CLICK A BLESSING TODAY, CHRISTIAN TAGALOG BLOGS, CHRISTIAN TEENS BLOGS, HE LIFTS US UP, SHARING STRUGGLES , Shaping Spiritual Solutions! and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to HE LIFTS US UP: ABUSE AWARENESS– Drug Abuse/Substance Abuse

1. jsneese62 says:

Being disabled do mostly to severe chronic pain due to a birth defect in my lower spine I have almost no discs and so parts of my lower spine rubs bone on bone, in my knees I almost no meniscus in either of them so they also rub bone on bone and they developed bone spurs that get caught on each other and at times lock up my knee, My doctor told me I have the neck of an 80 year old and this causes neck, head, and shoulder pain. I also have severe nerve pain in my thighs that he cannot figure out what is causing it. I live on narcotic pain killers, muscle relaxers, and Lyrica for nerve pain. I feel so helpless sometimes because I know the longer I am on them the more likely I will become addicted, however if I don’t take them I am in so much pain I cannot get anything done.So please say a prayer for me.

• secretangel says:

I will be praying for you. I understand your pain. I have had neck surgery and back surgery and continue to have pain. I will be praying for God to heal you and bring restoration to your life. He is still in the miracle business, my friend. Never give up hope. Many blessings to you!

Joining in prayer for jsneese.
        “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 2 Cor 12:9-11

• jsneese62 says:

Thank you so much and your prayers are very much appreciated. I never give up hope and I bear this pain because I feel God has a purpose for it in my life at this time. I know he is not the one that caused this pain in my life but i do know He can use it for His glory and I am good with that. I will be praying for you as well. God’s blessings to you!

• secretangel says:

Amen. We will believe for healing. Mark 5:34 says “He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.” God’s Word will not return void. Blessings to you!

• jsneese62 says:

Amen this verse is so beautiful to me. I love the fact that this woman had such strong faith so much faith that she knew that just touching the hem of his robe would cure her. I love the fact that Jesus is so in tune with all the people around Him that he knew not only that someone had touched and the healing virtue went out of Him, but that He knew who did it.

I do believe with all my heart and all my being that He can heal me if that is what He has planned for me. As much as I want to be out of pain I do leave the it to Him and will understand if He wants me to keep the pain for whatever He has planned for my life to give Him all the glory.

I always think of the story of Job and how horribly he suffered not only physical pain and illness, but he lost everything his family, his live stock, his home, and his wealth. Even through all of that he never once cursed God or question why all that was happening to him. He praised God and stayed faithful through it all. I think this world and us humans could be saved right now here today if all of us could have the faith of the woman and Job!

• secretangel says:

Amen. I agree with you. Faith is the Key to the miraculous and praise opens the doors to Heaven. We will continue to believe in a miracle and praise Him for what He is doing in our lives. Nothing is impossible with God. I will continue to pray for you, my friend.