Faith Child, are you grieving
for joys departed today?
Remember these words of wisdom for every Faith Child:
“Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.3For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God” Colossians 3:2,3
Do you seek things above rather than the temporal things of this world?
Is your mind set on the eternal things above rather than the temporal things of this earth?
Have you died to self and are you hid in Christ?
Are you grieving for the loss of someone or thing recently or now?
There are many reasons for, grieving which is related to loss
– a loved one (lost due to sickness, accident, aging, war, addiction murder. rape, abuse)
– missing someone alive (broken relationships caused by infidelity, relocations, emigration or even war
– loss of a pet, – dog, cat, bird or any other animal
– loss of one’s treasure – a wedding or engagement ring, a romantic or sentimental gifts
– loss of a career, loss in business due economic downturn, cheating, uncompetitiveness,
– failure in examinations after much effort,
– loss of home due hurricane, earthquake or soil erosion/slide, explosions, fire, arson, structural collapse
– loss of health due war, disease, addiction, abuse, drugs, accidents and disasters
– missed opportunity for gain.
Which losses listed above, are for eternal things and which for temporal things?
Those in the Lord grieving for loved ones who belong to God’s family, should not grieve as if there is no hope. All those who die in Christ will be resurrected when Christ comes again with his saints and we rise to meet them in the air. – that is a promise which shall come to pass according to the Word of God which never changes.
Have you got it? When we get to heaven, all the other losses will be forgotten!
So get prepared for that day of rejoicing and move on, work towards accomplishing much for Jesus than to spend time, energy and effort on things that are temporal and will count nothing for eternity.
Are you losing your opportunities to witness, disciple and minister to those who are in need of the gospel and the Lord in response to the Great Commission of our Ls ord Jesus Christ? Turn sadness and sorrow to challenging opportunities and work them today for they count for eternity.
Tell it to Jesus