Faith Child, looking for adventure, adding spice to life? You can be sure if you look around, you will find an array of impressive possibilities. What is and Where is God working? What is your part in all of these?
Before trying to determine where God is working, we first need to establish what God is doing.
- He is creating men in His image (Genesis 1:26)
- He is working salvation (Psalm 74:12),
- He is instilling belief in those whom He has called (John 6:29).
These activities are all interconnected—they are all part of the same work. They all deal with bringing about a change in the human heart through a growing relationship with God. But the exact manifestation of that work has varied widely throughout history.
Philippians 1:12–14 12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters,[ that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. 13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear
Are you looking for where God is working? You may find yourself in prison, and God may be advancing the gospel among the guards, and making the free brothers bold.
- Perhas you have to bear with a painful thorn, as God makes the power of Christ more beautiful in weakness.. 2 Corinthians 12:8
- Perhaps you find yourself with a dead loved one that Jesus could have healed, and God was preparing to show his glory. John 11
- Perhaps you find yourself sold into slavery (to a habit or person), accused falsely of sexual abuse, and forgotten in a prison cell, while God is preparing you for something greater Joseph’s experience
- Perhaps a loved one is left in unbelief for so long, and you find that God is preparing a picture of his patience and a powerful missionary.1 Timothy 1:12-16 Galatians 1:15,
- Perhaps you try to live in all purity and humility and truth only to be rejected and killed in the end, and God may be making a parable of his Son and an extension of his merciful sufferings in you . Isaiah 53:3, Mark 8:31, Colossians 1:24
- You may walk through famine, be driven from your homeland, lose husband and sons, and be left desolate with one foreign daughter-in-law, and God may be making you somebody in His great plan for the nations and generations to come. (Ruth 1–4)
- Perhaps you have the best counselor who gave you foolish advice, and God was preparing the destruction of your enemy. 2 Samuel 17:14.
- You may not be able to sleep and look in His book, and God may be preparing to shame your arrogant enemy and rescue a condemned people. Esther 6:1-11
- Or you may be shamed and hurt, and God may be confirming your standing as his child and purifying you for the highest inheritance. Hebrews 12:5-11
There are three granite foundation stones where we are looking for what God is doing in our lives and around us : God’s love, God’s sovereignty, God’s wisdom.
What is your part in all these? His plan is for you to be involved. Find your niche in life. Have you found His purpose for you?