Jesus Christ showed us that prayer works for He established praying habits while he lived on earth. If we would do exploits in the Name of the Lord, we must pray as He prayed – can we afford to do less?
- Early in the morning to get strength from His Father for the day ahead of responsibilities, challenges, joys and service – Matthew 1:35
- Before ministering to others – Luke 3:21-22, Mark 1:35-38
- Before making important decisions – Luke 6:12
- Before great temptations – Matthew 26:36
- After great achievements – Matthew 14:23, John 6:15
- When life is unusually busy – Luke 5:15
- When suffering or facing trials – Luke 9:18, 21-22, Luke 22:39-46
Pray without ceasing – 1 Thessalonians 5:17 – Pray continually
Pray in all seasons – Ephesians 6:18 – And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
If Jesus prayed so much, how much more we as His children, His followers, must pray to maintain that connection with God through Jesus Christ.
Wondering why your Christian life has become a drudgery and not as exciting and alive as Jesus said it should be? How much have you prayed?