The Bible is clear that God is (1) entity. Three distinct personalities – The Father, Jesus; the Holy Spirit. To bring more clarity on God let me give you a few illustrations about singular words that have plural meanings.
- The body of Christ is (1) body yet has many members. 1 Corinthians 12
- A husband and wife are joined together in matrimony to become (1) flesh yet there are (2) people involved. Ephesians 5:31
- An ice cube, steam, and water are all (1) substance in (3) different forms – one substance H2O.
- The egg white, the egg yolk, and the shell all (1) egg in three different forms.
- God said, “Let us make man in our own image” – God singular but plural in meaning – Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:26
This great truth brings light to the subject of God in three distinct persons. The Bible is a beautiful textbook that teaches man to understand God, Christ, and the marvelous presence of the Holy Spirit who Jesus himself addressed as, “He”.
John 16: 13-14…Howbeit when :”he”, the Spirit of truth, is come, “he” will guide you into all truth: for “he” shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever “he” shall hear, that shall “he” speak: and “he” will shew you things to come. “He” shall glorify me: for “he” shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.