Faith is built on the Promises of God. Old Testament Promises of God contain the “true Gospel”. This same Gospel is the Gospel that Christ commanded us to preach. The Gospel is God’s Divine power to save the human soul.
2 Peter 1:3-4…According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
- Satan’s head bruised – Genesis 3:15
- Christ born of a virgin – Isaiah 7:6
- Christ born in Bethlehem – Micah 5:2,3
- Christ’s Priesthood after the order of Melchizedek – Psalm 110:4
- Death of Christ – Isaiah 53
- Thy seed would bless the families of the Earth – Genesis 26:4
- Promise of the Holy Spirit – Joel 2, Ezekiel 36:24-29
- Christ would rule from His earthly Throne – Jeremiah 33:14-16
2 Peter 1:6-10…And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: