It is not how much you are doing. It is, is your heart ready for His coming?
Today’s reading: Matthew 24-25.
“How can I be ready for Jesus’ return?”
Many people have made the mistake of trying to set a date for Jesus’ return. Jesus himself said that no man knows that day or hour. Many Christians believe that his return is imminent – that he could return at any time without further preparation. Jesus seems to describe a recognizable series of events that will precede his return, so much so that while we cannot know the day or hour, we should certainly recognize the season.
- Birth pangs: false Christs, wars, famine, and earthquakes.
- Believers persecuted and hated by all nations; many fall away from the faith.
- False prophets and wickedness abound; love between one person and another grows cold.
- The gospel is preached to every ethnic group in the entire world.
- The world suffers distress and tribulation unequaled since the beginning of time.
- Cosmic disturbance:…
View original post 665 more words