When we don’t hear from You Lord, help us hang on as the long- term is more important than the short- term.
Today’s reading: Job 17-20.
I believe in the sun, even when it’s not shining.
I believe in love, even when I don’t feel it.
I believe in God, even when He is silent.
Job didn’t pen those words from the Holocaust, but he could have. He wouldn’t have written them at the beginning of his trials, however, for his faith was a work in progress. At the start he could only cry out to God.
“Though I cry, ‘I’ve been wronged!’ I get no response; though I call for help, there is no justice.” Job 19:7
He had good reason to cry. Look at all he went through:
- the loss of his honored position
- he was uprooted like a tree
- he was alienated from his family and friends
- even his servants ignored him
- his wife found him offensive
- children made fun of him
- those he loved turned against him
View original post 310 more words