Will we go God’s way or ours?
You can find a one-year Bible reading plan here.
The journey from Egypt to Mt. Sinai took, according to tradition, 45 days. Five days later Moses received the law, so Pentecost, 50 days after Passover, is forever tied up with the law in the Jewish observance of the feast. The Israelites were at Sinai another 40 days as Moses spoke with God. Such a short time and yet so much happened.
- Pharaoh’s army was destroyed
- God provided water and bread (manna) even as the Israelites grumbled
- God gave the Ten Commandments and other laws
- Moses confirmed a covenant between God and the Israelites, and they agreed to obey the law
- Instructions were given to Moses on the construction of the Ark and Tabernacle, and on the attire and consecration of the priests
- The people turned away from God to idol worship when Moses was delayed on the mountain
View original post 545 more words